00 on a W 3.1 ltd with 60k value ? - colinc57
when I purchased my Jeep Grand Cherokee ( Wplate 00 3.1td ltd quoting 60k on clock ) end of May 07 Parkers had Private good price at £7520, now its ( just over 7ms later) its down to £5455, I know 4X4s are out of favour .. but thats hell of a drop over (27%) in just over 1/2 a year

Was one particular month that the bottom fell out ?
do these figures match with other guides?

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 08/01/2008 at 12:04

00 on a W 3.1 ltd with 60k value ? - SuperBuyer
I think with 4x4's pricing is a funny one, and Parkers cannot be relied on. What values are they up on Autotrader for?

And in terms of realistic pricing, it depends on what part of the country you are in. I know in my part of the world, good 4x4s are in short supply as the farmers tend to run them till they die, leaving not many for the used market!
00 on a W 3.1 ltd with 60k value ? - Collos25
With emissions at 308g the next tax hike this year won't be good for its value.
00 on a W 3.1 ltd with 60k value ? - ma
Emissions dont count at this age currently £175 a year up a tenner next year
00 on a W 3.1 ltd with 60k value ? - Screwloose
colin

There's a general perception, amoung the uninitiated, that all 4x4s are now £400 a year to tax. Consequently you can't give them away.

The market is dead; ring around the buyers that advertize in your local press and see what you'll really get offered.

If you can put up with it; run it into the ground.
00 on a W 3.1 ltd with 60k value ? - SpamCan61 {P}
Glass's via the Vauxhall 'value my car' part of their web site gives top nick trade in of around 3,600 quid; 3,100 average condition.
Actually the tax is just over £200 at the moment if you check on the dvla site.
00 on a W 3.1 ltd with 60k value ? - SuperBuyer
Screwloose

I would say that in general you are probably right (you are in the trade -your closer to it than I am!), but in the rural area where I live, there is very little in the way of true 4x4s available.

Thats why I bought the 'dodgy' Shogun (Cat D non running), as it was pretty much the only thing I could find!

The tax on cars changed April 2001, so anything earlier than that is £185 IIRC, whilst after that it switches to CO2 bands, but with a ceiling up until 2006, when the top band G(?) came in. I think thats right anyway!
Will that £180 band stay as it is because it so old ? it seems a little unfair to owners who have the same vehicle only a little newer who have to pay a higher rate.
SB

If you've got a market for 4x4s, then come down to the SE, take your pick of the trade-ins - ship 'em back and make a fortune. Mint mid-nineties Discos are being broken for parts - the breakers don't even want the others.
Its the same in Germany the tax on older big 4x4 diesels is phenomanal anything older than 1999 has disappeared they are either exported or broken up for parts.
cheers guys

there's 4 3.1 diesels on autotrader within 30miles
£5K, £5.6K , £6.5K, £7K
( all appear to have slightly higher miles )

colin

Which region are you in?
00 on a W 3.1 ltd with 60k value ? - nick
How long have they been on? The actual selling prices will be less.
I'm midlands based (Sutton Coldfield)

I think I will be sticking with it , as its a nice looking car

Not green, but hey
Tax OK
Insurance not bad
When I purchased it I expected to sell after Xmas - thought I might see £6000 now, but if thats not looking likely ...