1998 1.6 16v - Heater fan switch problem - stuart1077
I own a 1998 (early phase 2 mk1) Laguna 1.6 16v Sport.

It has a problem with the switch which operates the fan. It only seems to work on number 4 which means it is either off or you have a force 10 gale blowing in your face!!!!

Does anyone know how this can be rectified? I know it will be a case of replacing a switch or something similar but don't know what or where to look!

Thanks,
Stuart

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/01/2008 at 18:44

Heater fan switch problem - Pugugly {P}
I posted a question on here a couple of years ago same problem exactly. The wise technicians told me it was probably a resistor pack which is I believe on the actual fan and motor which is behind the glovebox.
Heater fan switch problem - topbloke
will almost be 100% the resistor but sorry i dont have a location for it
Heater fan switch problem - Pugugly {P}
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=37081&...5

Two years ago ! and I was moderated by DD !

{Spelling still hasn't improved in all that time - lol DD}

OOh yyes it ha's

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 03/01/2008 at 18:47

1998 1.6 16v - Heater fan switch problem - mr fixit
you have probably sorted this one by now, but I have only just found this site.
I had this problem on my scenic 1998. the problem is with the motor speed regulator which on meganes is behind the bulk head and the bottom of the screen ( may need to take the wipers off ) or behind the dash. It is made from perferrated metal 2"X2"x3" and contains about 3 wire wound resistors and the faulty bit! which is a thermal fuse it looks like any small component, alloy, and will have a number which is the temperature, which is not too critical. cut it out by cutting next to the component body, leaving the leads still conected to the unit, these are needed to fix the new part. ( can't be soldered becausee the heat kills the new part) The part is not available from Renault, only the unit. Go to your local domestic elecrical repair man buy a new thermal fuse for about £1.00 fix it by using a couple of elecrical joiners onto the leads that you didn't cut off!. If you haven't fixed it yet don't wait till winter comes like I did! Good luck
Snipquote!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/05/2008 at 01:44

1998 1.6 16v - Heater fan switch problem - bultaco

Well spotted and said snipquote, our 1996 laguna had the heater control speed problem , it was exactly as is said, the problem is the thermal fuse, they now cost £1.85 from the domestic electrical repair man so they have gone up a tad since 2008, if you cannot read the number the colour will tell you the temp cut out, in the lagunas case it is blue which will melt if the temp goes above 110 degrees, the unit tucks into the fan itself so the passing air will keep it cool in theory, you can buy higher cut out fuses for example red will cut out at 150 degrees, a scrapyard will probally sell you the whole resistor box for £20.00 chances are the thermal fuse has blown on that!

bultaco

1998 1.6 16v - Heater fan switch problem - mr fixit
Me again if you don't know what you looking for email me and I can send you a picture! how sad is that!