2002 TDCi (auto) judders when accelerating - chunky
Please can somebody help me???
I have a 52 plate Mondeo TDCi (auto) which has covered almost 100,000 miles. I bought it about 18 months ago and have had hardly any problems with it except for a split intake hose, which caused poor fuel economy and plenty of black smoke, and a slight hsitation from the engine when accelerating from about 50mph (which I managed to get used to). Things have changed though. For the last month or so I am getting a very annoying judder, or kangarooing, when I try to accelerate from about 2000rpm unless I drop a gear and accelerate hard.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
I've read about cam sensors, crank sensors, injectors, fuel pumps and even fuel filters, and to be honest, my head is spinning.
I don't really want to run it into a garage since the last time I did (for the black smoke), I had it in 2 different ones and neither of them could locate the problem.
Please help me?
I want to get rid of the thing but can't in this state.
Many thanks
Chunky

Edited by Webmaster on 31/12/2007 at 02:55

Kangarooing 2002 Mondeo (dreaded TDCi) - skreech
you could try a diesel fuel additive suited to you're car to clean the fuel system. it may work if the injectors are slighly underperforming. and may save a trip to you're local garage.
Kangarooing 2002 Mondeo (dreaded TDCi) - chunky
Hi there Skreech

Thanks for your reply. I did try that but it didn't make any difference at all.

It's so frustrating!!!
Kangarooing 2002 Mondeo (dreaded TDCi) - Screwloose

Maybe seeing if there are any fault-codes stored would help. This may not be an engine issue; judder can be transmission or driveshafts too.