Old TV Commercials - if you have time to spare - Vansboy
If you want to spend while, looking at what the (USA) car buying public were offered during the 1950's & 60's....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFXEps2KMJg

I thought the Edsel looked just fine!!

VB
Old TV Commercials - if you have time to spare - Imagos
I thought the Edsel looked just fine!!>>

Yeah that's true but the reality was quite different.

Old TV Commercials - if you have time to spare - Pebble
I thought the Edsel looked just fine!!>>
Yeah that's true but the reality was quite different.

Not necessarily; I know someone here whose daily driver is a '59 Edsel Ranger, and every time I see it on the road I'm *so* jealous. It's too cool.
Old TV Commercials - if you have time to spare - rustbucket
At least the commercials were entertaining then , unlike the meaningless rubbish of today that leave you wondering what was being advertised.The other thing is the lenght that they ran.I like the no cold staling fuel.
Old TV Commercials - if you have time to spare - tyro
I loved the slogan "A Volkswagen is never changed to make it look different, only to make it work better." I wonder if any manufacturers would dare make such a claim today.

Also interesting to see the ad for the Renault Dauphine, and note the pronunciation of Renault - and the fact that in those days they actually sold Renaults in the USA.
Old TV Commercials - if you have time to spare - Pugugly {P}
Volkswagen is never changed to make it look different, only to make it work better

The only vehicle I can think of is the Defender really.

Mine having been standing for a week or more struggled to start today - battery.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 27/12/2007 at 20:42

Old TV Commercials - if you have time to spare - Alby Back
Mine having been standing for a week or more struggled to start today - battery.

Best give it bit of run tomorrow then..............How far is the local Jag and / or BMW dealership ?? ;-)
Old TV Commercials - if you have time to spare - Pugugly {P}
Landie will be transport tomorrow and Saturday, Jag dealer is bone shaking mouth stretching 20 miles away. As I said before going in the Landie to spite the smoothies there !