Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - oilrag
`What`s your worst static risk at home to the car and how far are you above sea level?`

For me, despite being only 30 Metres above sea level, its the West wind and the risk of bits of cement and roof tiles blowing onto the car.

Not that the roof is in bad order, but its open country over the back fence for half a mile and a line of sight over 40 miles, West to the summit of the Pennines where the M62 cuts through.

The whole house shudders sometimes and you lay in bed listening to those green cement roof tiles shuffling about.........

Edited by oilrag on 26/12/2007 at 13:46

Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - 1066
im about 2mtrs above sea level and less than 50mtrs from the sea. have had the water rise a fair bit before so its possible to get the water near the car.
seagulls are the biggest annoyance and i use a lot of polish to stop the muck from touching the paint
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - Robin Reliant
The little brat across the road with his football, till we "Had words".
--
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - martint123
and how far are you above sea level?`

Doesn't make much difference when the rain pounds down for 24 hours solid runs off the fields. I was lucky earlier this year, but a couple of hundred yards down the road cars were under water. Further UP the road, garages filled with water and were knocked down as it was flowing in, but had nowhere to go - water pressure is an enormous force.
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - Tomo
The greatest risk here has been to Toad the Supra in the garage, due to mice; bits of foam stuff round some pipes in the engine room (vibration damping?) were considerably gnawed and a nest made in the air filter housing. I obtained one of these electric mouse repellers and installed it after I was sure that any young ones had gone.

Successive cars in the street at the front have been out of slate range. So far.
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - milkyjoe
its not mother nature i have problems with but human nature ie vandals , had my DOOR mirror smashed recently but because of parking restrictions i have to leave the motor in an inner city area, if only i could get a residents permit, my choice is either a guaranteed parking ticket or take my chances with the scumbags
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - Harleyman
I obtained one of
these electric mouse repellers and installed it after I was sure that any young ones
had gone.
>>

Experience of same out here in the Welsh countryside suggests that it's one area where a cat improves performance!

If, however, said moggy does not keep its mucky paws off my Beemer it may yet be repaced by electronic technology!

Edited by Harleyman on 26/12/2007 at 16:16

Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - Tomo
I agree about cats, I have recently taken over two old mogs from Cats Protection who have rendered the house a mouse free zone. But for the garage I would have to put in a cat flap which would give access to every cat and goodness knows what else!
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - The Honourable
My children, their bikes, squeezing past the cars - some lovely scratches!
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - Falkirk Bairn
My next door neighbour who thinks he can fix his car - he pollutes everything trying to get the car to run - sprayed part of his caravan (silver) and the overspray landed on my car (dark blue) 6/7 years ago - claimed it could not have been him as he was well backj from the divide of the driveway - my car was downwind.
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - marty1979
I was woken one morning at around 02:30 to the sound of a taxi that was stuck behind a car in the street.............yes it was my car that some thieving gits had rolled off the driveway and tried to make of with it. I was quite miffed at this as you can imagine, they didn't complete their mission to say the least.
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - dxp55
Unfortunately you have to be careful what you say to the little brats in street - friend's Father had this problem and one night a tin of yellow emulsion with an explosive firework in was left in his front garden - took two days to pressure wash front of house - this to my mind is where night time snatch squads are needed and one of group strung up from a lamp post as warning to rest.
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - Hugo {P}
Until recently it was probably a lead covered ledge that sat above our old delapidated shop front. This has now been tajen down before it fell down and we can all park in front of it with impunity.
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - cheddar
When living in Surrey I had a wing mirror kicked off a couple of times by drunken scrotes so managed to squeeze the car into what pretended to be a drive only to have a piece of cast iron gutter fall on it!

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 27/12/2007 at 16:55

Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - cheddar
sorted for you - PU

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 27/12/2007 at 16:55

Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - deepwith
While living in Balham we had paint stripper poured over our Audi 100 from bonnet to boot as did the next two cars - the empty can was found in a skip further up the road. We collected the re-sprayed car and parked it further up the road that night. In the morning a removals lorry knocked over the tree in front of our flat - exactly where our car would have been parked!
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - henry k
When I was working in Jeddah the following happened to the car of one of our team.
It was parked in the street by a building site that was having buckets of concrete being lifted by a tower crane.
Some concrete spilled onto the windscreen which generated a " OOY look what you have done - Sort it out ! ( or similar words)"
It was immediately "sorted out" with a shovel. We lived with a very very badly gouged screen thereafter. :-((
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - Altea Ego
>one night a tin of yellow emulsion with an explosive firework in was left in his front garden - took two days

ROFL

you have to admit, thats pretty imaginative.
------
And I dream Im on vacation - cos I like the way that sounds -
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - Clanger
At the moment the builders' sub-contractors who are doing the glass wall in the extension. Lots of wobbly alloy extrusions and bits of glass catching the wind. My C8 is out of the way but the visitors' cars will cop for it if anything goes wrong.

I have had what I believe to be the standard row about progress before Christmas and they are now working in the dark.

Give me strength!

(goes for a lie down)
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land

Edited by Hawkeye {P} on 27/12/2007 at 16:43

Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - Big Bad Dave
Chipped windscreen and a marble-sized dent in the roof thanks to Laurel and Hardy, the doziest pair of gormless, clueless, useless satelite dish erectors in the Northern hemisphere.
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - Alby Back
1/ Kids and their bikes, squeezing them down the gap between vehicles instead of using the path which is ...oh.....6 feet away and clearly too far for convenient use !

2/ Any female member of the household / family and their current penchant for studded handbags, combined with the numerous carrier bags which they seem to acquire every single day, (what the heck is in all those bags ? ) squeezing themselves down the gap eschewing path etc etc

3/ My Mother, who when entering or leaving any car feels it is necessary to swing the door rapidly to its maximum arc regardless as to whether there is any obstacle present. This is then followed by closing said door with sufficient force to create a small earth tremor.

:-(
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - mjm
>>with sufficient force to create a small earth tremor.<<

MJM breaths sigh of relief. Thought it was mother in law coming down the drive :)
Worst at home (static) risk to your car? - ForumNeedsModerating
Depreciation.