perforation - motorprop
My regular car is a 2001 Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin - the baby Shogun, which works very well in London, being short , high , tough and automatic .

there has been a rust blister developing for some time on the door , tight on where the window frame starts , it is about 50 mm diameter and growing . My question is : the car had a 6 year anti perforation warantee . I have not serviced it during my 4 years of ownership at the main dealers, instead using a reliable independent who has stamped the book each year , including the fan belt change - the car has just reached 60 k miles .

It is now more than 6 years old , but anybody looking at it can see the rust has not appeared overnight .

My question is this : any point in claiming against Mitsubishi UK - any prededents ?

Edited by motorprop on 25/12/2007 at 03:05

perforation - midlife - what crisis?
I think the standard HJ reply in his colums has always been "not a hope", since the vehicle has never been presented to the main dealer, who has therefore never had an opportunity of checking and catching the problem at an earlier stage, thus minimising the size of any claim. While this may seem nonsense given the size of the problem you mention, I suspect that would be the response. Still, no harm in asking, particularly if you are thinking of buying another from the dealer.