Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - adm
My son wants SupaGuard Starter pack for xmas present.
Had a look on the internet but not that clear on the product range.
Anyone got any experience with these products and where to buy for the best deals.
Any help would be much appreciated

{Shouting in header amended}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/12/2007 at 19:19

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - MichaelR
It's a load of rubbish.

Head along to detailingworld.co.uk where the experts there will be able to recommend you a far, far superior selection of products probably at half the cost.

FWIW I protect my car with 2 coats of Autoglym Super Resin Polish, a coat of Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection and 2 coats of Collinite 476S Autowax.
Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - Aprilia
Aye - know in the trade as 'StoopidGard'. A good earner for dealers who sell to people buying a new car when they are in the full flush of excitement. Materials cost about £5, East European valeter paid £5 to apply it. Rest of the money is commisions and marketing costs.

Autoglym is fine. If you really want this type of product then 'Diamondbrite' is available on Ebay for about £5 for the Stage 1 and Stage 2 packs. Same sort of stuff. Its not bad, but not nearly as good as the marketing would have you believe.
Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - Pendlebury
As one of the mugs that once paid well over the odds for this stuff - I agree totally with Aprilia - it aint worth it - it is nothing special from what I can see.
Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - daveyjp
My local valeter (who prepares all new Audis for the dealer) will do a Supaguard treatment for an extra £10. He uses the spare polish that others have paid £400 for!
Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - Dmv

I foolishly paid a large sum for a similar product, GuardX, to be applied when I bought a car and it seems also to be nothing special. The Emperor's New Clothes :)

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - Drivethru

Another vote for Autoglym, I have used their products for years, especially the car body wash and super resin polish, I wouldn't use anything else.

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - Belch

Thanks for all the advice here on the merits or otherwise of Supagard. General consensus seems to be avoid it. I'm getting a nearly new BMW soon and the dealer is pushing Supagard at £399. Based on what I've read here and elsewhere, I'm declining. On a related topic, how can agencies offer this kind of service on your driveway? Surely ariborne particles are going to get trapped under the sealant?

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - RickyBoy

Aye – it's Autoglym for me every time too – @ trade prices as a buddy is in the valeting game, which helps some..

My advice - steer well clear of dealership 'add-on's'...

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - oldroverboy.

I have twice been offered supagard when collecting 2 used vehicles bought over the telephone fro 2 large national chains, So when would they have done it? in the 5 minutes before i was due to drive away?

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - 72 dudes

I wonder if anyone anywhere has ever had a successful claim when bird droppings have damaged a car's Superguarded paintwork.

All stuff and nonsense pushed onto car buyers at main dealers to increase profits and secure that all important bonus. Like MOT and tyre insurance, or interior treatment.

Basically, the people who normally pay extra for extended warranties on their household goods or Scotchguarding their carpets and sofas will happily pay out for this, thinking they're getting a good deal.

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - bonzo dog

I wonder if anyone anywhere has ever had a successful claim when bird droppings have damaged a car's Superguarded paintwork.

Perhaps they have never needed to?

pushed onto car buyers at main dealers to increase profits

Yes, of course they are, why else would does anyone sell anything?

Have you never bought a bag of crisps when you've gone the pub for a pint or picked up a bar of chocolate at the supermarket check-out?

As long as people know what they are buying (ie they are not mis-sold) why do you have a problem with the practice of selling "add-ons"

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - Collos25

The problem is a packet of crisps or a bar of chocolate are pretty well defined as to what you get for your money Supergaurd on the other hand has so many variables and at the the best ranks on extortion.

Supergaurd on the other hand has so many variables and at the the best ranks on extortion

Extortion is the wrongful taking of property (incl money) by use of threats.

What you mean is you don't like some aspect of the product or the way it is sold, so you're making up untruths to back up your dislike for it.

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - 72 dudes

Maybe extortion is the wrong word. Scam would be a better one. Superguard can cost anywhere between £250 and £400 and people are told "you'll never have to wax or polish your car again"

Utter nonsense, you get the same results by regularly washing the car and waxing 3 or 4 times a year.

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - Duncan112

For what it's worth I buy Autoglym lifeshine kits off ebay for about £10 ~ 15 and do it myself, takes 2 to 3 hours to do it properly. Not convinced that it's any better than 6 monthly applications of ordinary autoglym on the paintwork BUT the upholstery treatment appears to work well.

Be warned though the "never polish your car again" guarantee with any of these products is dependant on using their (expensive) shampoo kits as per the instructions.

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - madf

I polish my car once a year. And wash with Aldi wax and vinegar

looks perfect.

you get the same results by regularly washing the car and waxing 3 or 4 times a year

Totally agree, but this doesn't mean

"you'll never have to wax or polish your car again"

is

Utter nonsense

does it?

It is an aspect of the product that appeals to some people.

Supagard Superguard - Full Protection Pack - bear807
I am a hobby detailer myself. I have to say I am somewhere newbie but I do put effort tO make some exceptional good work for my cars and friend's. I have start off with some use of Autoglym. You could get easily off eBay for fraction of what you pay for in dealership I get myself a life shine full bag plus pdi kit for 40 quid. Would have been 200 from dealer.

Talking about detailing my car I would say look at tutorial from detailing world

Always use a wash mitt not sponge and use two bucket washing system

If you want to do anything polish, wax or seal please please clay the whole car first if you haven't for at least once or twice a year otherwise you are wasting your product and put more damage to the paintwork.

For myself I do super resin polish> collinite 915> extra gloss protection to seal off. I have tried to put few coat of same product maybe result is not significant that's y I'm not too bothered lol