in-car FM transmitter with USB flash-drive slot - j99
Hi all

I would like to buy an FM transmitter that can read mp3 files from a USB flash-drive, so that I can listen to podcasts etc through my car audio system. Several makes exist, but I have not found any glowing reviews for any of them. If anyone reading this has such a device and is happy with it, I would be interested to know the make and model...

thanks in advance

Julian
in-car FM transmitter with USB flash-drive slot - Kuang
I take it you don't have access to a small MP3 player that you can just plug into the transmitter? As the sound quality through most FM transmitters is average at best, picking up the cheapest decent capacity player you can find might be the best bet. For a transmitter to read MP3s from a flash drive it would have to effectively be an MP3 player, but just with less versatility than the real thing.
I do have an iPod, although I don't use it in the car. I thought the FM transmitter with the USB slot would be simpler (less clutter in the car). However, that's a good point about it being less versatile than a full-blown mp3 player. If these combo FM transmitter/mp3 devices are not much good, I'm interested in recommendations for an FM transmitter that I can connect to my iPod..

thanks

Julian
in-car FM transmitter with USB flash-drive slot - PoloGirl
I tried at least three FM transmitters with my ipod, and none gave a clear sound.

In the end I went for a VW ipod kit, but it's rubbish. The sound is clear as a bell, but it doesn't tell you the track names on the screen, so it's anyone's guess unless you've been organised enough to sort them into playlists and can remember what's on each list (actually that might work for you with podcasts - it's pretty useless on music).

in-car FM transmitter with USB flash-drive slot - Ravenger
I bought one from SVP.

svp.co.uk/product/in_minus_car_12v_mp3_fm_modulato..._(with_position_memory)_5665

Only £13. I've got the earlier model (doesn't remember the last track you played), but the sound quality is excellent. Plays tracks straight off USB flash memory.

Oh, and it plugs straight into the 12v socket, so no batteries needed either.

Edited by Ravenger on 16/12/2007 at 21:58

in-car FM transmitter with USB flash-drive slot - login
I use an itrip - set the frequency to 107 no problems

as advertised below !
Many thanks for the tip, I bought one and it works well!
I bought one from SVP.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 07/01/2008 at 18:43