Auction v.Car Giant - Fazal
Is it worth all the hassle of buying at auction v. going to Car Giant? I have bought two cars previously at auction and wasn't that impressed with the prices.

My inclination is now to go to Car Giant unless I am guaranteed to save at least £1500. At £2-£2.5k saving, I would say it is worth the hassle.

Any views?

Auction v.Car Giant - oldtoffee
At Car Giant they happily let you check out the vehicle documentation they hold - scanned copies of V5 and service records on their screens - we did this when buying a one year old Passat, made a note of the previous owner and rang them which helped confirm the "provenance" of the car.

They'll give you the keys to a car you're interested in and you can open the car and start it up on-site and spend as much time as you want looking it over with no sales person around.

We also had a 15 minute test drive (about 3 miles!) before putting a deposit down although they do question your purchasing intentions quite hard before agreeing.

Auction v.Car Giant - 1066
i bought a c5 diesel estate a few months ago from car giant. i liked the experience.
i got the keys to as many cars as i wanted to look at. when i settled on the c5 i spent more time crawling all over it looking for problems. i was given a print out of v5 and mot.
i asked for a test drive on a busy Sunday and only had to wait 5 mins. test drive was fairly short but did throw up a few problems like window switch not working. paid 250 deposit and went back next weekend and all work was done and it drives very well.