Waterproof & Breathable Cover - Recommendations ? - Surrey_Scientist
Hi all,

I currently have aTyvek cover (Dupont, sold by Halfords) for my Celica GT Convertible.

The Tyveks getting a bit porous and cracked in places, and its generally a bit thin and fragile for my liking, although it has stood up well until now.

The car is left out in all weathers, as its tool ong for the garage, so I need some heavy-duty all-weather protection

Tyveks lasted 18months, but I'd like something a bit more durable. but still waterproof & breathable.

Can anyone recommend a brand ?

I'd be prepared to payout for something that was shaped/fitted specifically for the celica convertible, if bespoke/fitted covers are obtainable.

CHeers !

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 02/12/2007 at 14:37

Waterproof & Breathable Cover - Recommendations ? - billy25
Try here, these are "Moltex" dont know if they are better than "Tyvec" or not, but you can have them made to fit the Celica.

tinyurl.com/2y2e3v

Billy
Waterproof & Breathable Cover - Recommendations ? - daveyjp
Bespoke covers are available - from a motorbike to a helicopter at:

www.carcoversuk.com/

Made to measure like a Savile Row suit, but much cheaper!

Waterproof & Breathable Cover - Recommendations ? - FotheringtonThomas
Can't you make a "carport"? IME covers are big horrid flappy things that are unpleasant to deal with (assuming you use the veicle!) unless bone dry, and tend to pick up dirt which the wind makes into sandpaper, and scuffs the paint.
Waterproof & Breathable Cover - Recommendations ? - Surrey_Scientist
a car port on the front drive which is in front of the house .... NO !

Doesn't get used that often, and onlyon fine days, so fitting/removal not aproblem, and very quick.