Liteace 88 cooling water - Patricia82
Hey guys,

the cooling water temperature of my van got really high today but the needle of the gauge was fluctating between the normal temperature and the red spectrum. It seemed that the temperature went down as soon as I was driving over a bump. After I refilled cooling water it got back to normal but I went to a garage and they said that there was a huge difference between the radiator temperature and the engine temperature which might be an indication that something with the circulation is wrong. Also they told me that traces of oil were found in the cooling water. Now I"m wondering if there ;ight be something wrong with the gaskets or if this is normal and there was onlz too less cooling water. Does anyone have any suggestions how I could check that or if this is a common thing zith toyota

Cheers Pati

Edited by Webmaster on 30/11/2007 at 12:25

Liteace 88 cooling water - piston power
Did they sniff the coolant gases this checks if head gasket is gone?
maybe water pump blades are not circulating the coolant properley, is that temp switch ok? check those terminals are clean.
Liteace 88 cooling water - Dave N
These are notorious for poor cooling systems. They overheat very easily with blocked radiators, the radiators corrode through, and it's all under the seats so never gets noticed if there is a leak.

As soon as they overheat the head gasket and/or the head cracks. If it's using water and not leaking anywhere, then the head gasket has gone. Head maybe cracked also, and it will need a new radiator, hoses, and water pump.