Look out ..... it's white-van-woman! - Waino
You may remember, a few months ago, we were discussing the correct way to place your hands on the steering wheel ..... well...

A couple of weeks ago, I was driving in a line of traffic on the stretch of the A428 under St Neots when I spied, in my mirror, a bored-looking young lady in the large white van behind - with her head buried in her hands. Another glance - no, she wasn't the passenger, she was driving. Maybe I was being fooled by the pattern on her sweater or something. Then, as we approached a roundabout, she applied her hands to the wheel. I didn't like the look of this and thought it was a good time to pull into the next lay-by and eat my chewy bar.

Yesterday, the delightful young lady from over the road - who happens to drive a white van - came over for a natter as I hosed the piles of mud from the old Mondy (I had been working in the Cambridgeshire fens). I related the story about the van driver who I had seen - apparently steering with her elbows - and was told, in all seriousness that steering with your elbows is a common practice in Transits - it's easy. Presumably, it leaves your hands free to use you phone or simply to nod-off.
Look out ..... it's white-van-woman! - Pugugly {P}
Or in the case of a villager at home do the crossword....yes the crossword !
Look out ..... it's white-van-woman! - Chris White
I don't really want to think about what would happen if she had an accident and the airbag went off with her driving with her elbows..............
Look out ..... it's white-van-woman! - Sofa Spud
I dare say it's possible to steer a Transit with your elbows, but it's not something that ever came to mind on the occasions I've been driving them!

I do remember, years ago, passing lorries going up the long drag of Telegraph Hill, west of Exeter, with a newspaper open on the steering wheel and the driver drinking coffee!!!

Edited by Sofa Spud on 03/12/2007 at 16:56

Look out ..... it's white-van-woman! - malteser

"I do remember years ago passing lorries going up the long drag of Telegraph Hill
west of Exeter with a newspaper open on the steering wheel and the driver drinking
coffee!!! "

Yes but that would have been at about 2 mph !
--
Roger. (Costa del Sol, España)