214 16V K Series Problem ('Bubble') - Robdp
ok went about 100 miles last 50 engine started to have no power over 70mph in top gear but run fine in lower gears. then engine started to misfire very bad and would rev at 3000rpm stood at traffic lights was alot of smoke coming from eninge bay but i think this is becuase my down pipe is leaking. this is more serious there was a whine from eninge days before and someone told me water pump was on its way when i checked water it was empty so im guessing that the reason but the temp gauge never went high? it was very cold tonight maybe it was a god sent or maybe the sensor is broke? the engine ticks over fine after a while but still misfiring regardless? forgot to say someone told me catalic was on its way so this could of gone too any help would be great has i have to drive it back home some how. eninge specs k series 214 16valve. was running fine before i took it on motorway.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/11/2007 at 03:43

214 16V K Series Problem ('Bubble') - injection doc
Temp gauge won't go high if there is no water in it!!!!! because its the water that transmits the heat!. It will eventually go up due to thermal transfer of heat. At a guess its " game over" They don't like overheating even once!. You could of burn't a valve causing the missfire & loss of power.
Doc
214 16V K Series Problem ('Bubble') - Altea Ego
The temperature gauge never went high because it measures water temperature. You had no water so it had nothing to measure.

Its a K series, it got hot, I would bet your weeks wages you have done the head gasket.
------
< Ulla>
214 16V K Series Problem ('Bubble') - Screwloose
Rob

Don't even bother messing about with that engine. It's history.

If the car's worth it, just get a complete engine, g/box and everything else out of a crashed [not just scrapped] exactly similar one and swap the lot.