How long does it take to transfer reg ? - irish tony
i bought a private reg and the dvla have all the paperwork they need to proceed, how long does it normaly take until i can put the number on my car,thanks

text talk edit

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 23/11/2007 at 22:45

How long does it take to transfer reg ? - bell boy
when you get the go head lettr
working on the fact that cd"s of national impotence or not as the case may be disappeared in internal mail and even i now know to use registered post only these days courtesy of insider information
i would say saturday the 14 th of january

or you could ring the 0870 scandal number and ask,only 7 pennorth a minuate :-)
How long does it take to transfer reg ? - Doc
From DVLA:

The DVLA local office may wish to inspect the donor and or recipient vehicle(s). If everything is in order, the donor vehicle (the vehicle giving up the cherished number) will be allocated a replacement age-related registration number*, the tax disc(s) will be replaced and the MOT certificate(s) (where appropriate) will be amended to show the replacement registration number. You will then be instructed to replace the number plates on the vehicles and to return any old tax disc(s) for cancellation.

The papers will be sent to DVLA, Swansea for the records to be amended and replacement V5C registration certificates will normally follow within four weeks of receiving your confirmation letter from the Local Office. However, if a V62 was used to support your application it could take up to eight weeks.