Servicing Schedule Computer Awry - Robbie
Can anybody offer some help on this?

I have had a call this evening from an elderly friend who has a MB A150. His computer was showing the next service due at 30,000 miles and then suddenly showed it was needed in 30 days - it's now showing 29 days.

It's a 56 model and done about 6,000 miles. He bought it as a demo model witth 2,000 on the clock. He's now worried that the car has done a greater mileage than that indicated. He's not technically savvy and is fretting about it. I think it's a glitch on the computer and wondered if anyone knows anything about these models and can offer some advice.

I've promised to 'phone him back after consulting the oracle.
Servicing Schedule Computer Awry - Citroënian {P}
Is the service schedule X miles or 1 year? Maybe its the time interval that has triggered it

Our C4 did a similar thing, but annoyingly as its service period is two years. Dealer had to reset it.
----------
Dahonist
Servicing Schedule Computer Awry - Bill Payer
The most confusing thing is how he car could have shown next service at 30K when it's only done 6000 miles - the standard interval is probably 12K miles but the Mercedes ASSYST system compresses or stretches the interval out depending on the type of use, but *never* to anything like 24K miles.

Because of the confusion over variable servicing, MB changed to fixed interval servicing probably at about the time this car was registered. IIRC the A Calss interval is 12500 or 12mths, so I imagine that what?s happened is that it?s counting the days to 12mths.

Even if the car is still on variable servicing, then lots of short journeys will shorten the service interval.

Get him to barter the price of the service, a normal MB "A" service could cost £250 or so, but my local dealer (part of the Inchcape group) will do them for around £150, which is a pretty good deal when you think it also re-validates the Mobilo breakdown / recovery cover.
Servicing Schedule Computer Awry - Robbie
Thanks for that. Seems like you've answered the question.

I'll 'phone him tonight and put his mind at rest.

His car was first registered on 1st January this year and had about 2,000 miles on the clock when he bought it. Apparently, he thought the car had done some huge mileage before he bought it and the clock had been turned back.

Edited by Robbie on 15/11/2007 at 18:15