2001 2.0 Petrol - Done 155k, how much further? - marv80
hie guys i have a chrysler neon 2001 model 2.0 litre petrol manual RT .the car has done 155k or rather 155 000,00 miles. The car has been realy great for me never had many major problems with the car. What i was wondering guys is that in your experience what is the maximum mileage i can get out of this car i mean it has already done over 100k and i wanted to convert it to use gas so whats your suggestions guys

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/11/2007 at 18:42

help and advice - Lud
Perhaps an engineer will contradict me, but my intuition is that it might be a bit foolhardy to attempt radical modification of a high-mileage car. Continue to run it gently and service it properly, and try to get another 100,000 miles out of it.

Would have thought the risk of a chain reaction of minor faults, or even major ones, would be high in the event of converting it now.
help and advice - Paul I
Lud

Your right, wear and tear, contamination etc will all have occured naturally whilst a conversion is possible only by taking the engine apart will it's internal condtion be known. The car is worth between £1-2K so some work won't be cost effective.

Just contine with regualr service and good oils.