Vx parts in N.London-M1/M4 corridor - Chad.R
Does anyone know of Vauxhall parts suppliers in the North London - M1/M4 corridor area cheaper than main dealers? (I'm thinking of "eurocarparts" or "German&Swedish" type)

My Neighbour has just bought a '95 Omega 3.0 Elite saloon and is looking to do "minor" DIY servicing/repairs.

Apart from HJ's comments in the Car-by-Car breakdown is there anything I should warn him of?

Many thanks,

Chad.R

PS. It got 89k on the clock and has full Vx Service history with the Cambelt done at 72k. The interior is immaculate with every conceivable extra bar Sat Nav. Exterior is fair - needs a good T-cut/polish. Still seems alot of car for the money - £3200.
I should have added - that my Neighbours willing to travel around 10-15 miles, so I suppose that makes it anywhere within a 15 mile radius of Watford.

Chad.R
Vx parts in N.London-M1/M4 corridor - M.M
Chad,

Location is hardly important these days with next day delivery and website information.

Try www.autovaux.co.uk/

All the details are there for telephone mail order.

David W
Vx parts in N.London-M1/M4 corridor - Big Vern
Following advice posted in the back room, I went to a Vauxhall dealer for parts for a service on my 98R 1.8 GLS Vectra, Pollen, oil, air & fuel filters + fully senthetic 5W30 oil & rubber sump plug washer came to ~ £36, which you can't beat with a big stick. Mind you I was noticed admiring the MkII Golf GTi parked outside that turned out to belong to the parts man!!
I do not know if they are as competitve for other parts, but I will be going back next time I need some consumables
Vx parts in N.London-M1/M4 corridor - smokie
Depends what he\'s after, there seems to be a good market in breakers for parts, though you often have to pay p&p on top. I bought a complete door lock & windows mechanism for £60 which was about half the price Vauxhall wanted for the door lock alone. It arrived in two days and was neatly wrapped etc. 3 months warranty IIRC.

I found them on the internet - found a couple of agents(?), you type in what you are after and then find yourself swamped with calls. The one I bought from (am I allowed to do this?) was British Car Spares, 0161 257 2422. If that gets edited out, mail me for contact details...

David W [Mod} says: Yes of course you can mention good service Smokie. It is folks plugging their own services for commercial gain that may give us concerns.
Thanks - I'll pass this info on.
Chad.R