Particulate Filter for 2.2 hdi - alfie2
Does anyone know where to buy an exchange or reconditioned fap or particulate filter for Citroen 2.2 HDi

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/11/2007 at 10:08

Particulate Filter for 2.2 hdi - Screwloose
alfie2

I believe the dealers do a re-con one now.

What's the full story; a FAP doesn't normally get changed on it's own.
Particulate Filter for 2.2 hdi - bignick2
Currently £134.13 + vat from Citroen as an exchange part - I am not sure you would find aftermarket one much cheaper. Only problem is that the surcharge is £520 + vat so make sure you have the old one off and ready to take back to the dealer when you buy it.
Particulate Filter for 2.2 hdi - alfie2
many thanx phoned citroen and ordered exchange filter £135 thats a lot better than new price
Particulate Filter for 2.2 hdi - Gary1
Very interesting.

I have another threat alive for Loss of power. Based on the answers I have recieved to date I stopped in and asked Citroen what price the job would be - they said that the FAP filter exchange was £250 and there was a £520 risk if Citroen would not accept the old one back. They then said that the sensors might not come out and they may need replacing, there would be a gasket pack etc. etc. and that the labour would be another £250. All plus VAT. Just another thing, they said that the job had to be done in a specific way introducing fuel, and fluids, in specific ways etc..

Am I being had?
Particulate Filter for 2.2 hdi - Screwloose
Gary

They're looking on the black side a bit - but there's nothing fundamentally untrue in that statement.

Servicing the emission equipment is now a common procedure for the dealers and they are clearly using their experience when quoting. Such is progress.

Yes; the whole emission system must be re-set and updated with sophisticated tools, so it's not a job for bodgers.
Particulate Filter for 2.2 hdi - nick
Being a bit of a cynic, what are the odds on the sensors being 'stuck' and them keeping your £520? Make sure you see the one they take off. In fact, with that much money at stake I think I'd want to see the sensors removed in front of me unless you are sure you can trust the garage.