2003 1.8TDCi - reluctant to start when part warm - oldlag
Focus Diesel 1.8 TDCI 03 plate - 115ps, 24K miles from new one owner.
This car was reluctant to start when only part warm,got towed into Ford Main dealer was there 5 (yes 5 ) weeks before they got it to start.
They replaced Diesel inj pump, PCM module, crankshaft sensor etc bill was £1919-22.
A few days later same thing refused to start towed in again.
Fault stayed intermittent for 6 months till it got so bad it had to be towed in to dealer again as I could not live with it.
This time they found it (by accident) - it was a chaffed lead under the gearbox, lead which fed the fuel delivery system making occasional contact.
I am hoping to sue the Dealer or Ford for the £1919-22 they charged me .
Am I alone on this one - can any one advise how I proceed.
Note Ford Customer Relationship Centre where NO USE at all didnt want to know..
I am sending details to motor mags and the popular press motor supplements.

typo in subject line fixed - PU
{it is now ;o) -DD}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/11/2007 at 00:17

2003 1.8TDCi - reluctant to start when part warm - Dr_Duffy
You might want to read about the problems I am having with my Mondeo TDCI 06 plate. They are refusing to repair it even though it is under warranty and so I am having to foot the bill. I have also found that the Ford customer centre does not want to know about problems. All they do is say that they can't help and refer the customer back to the dealer.
In your particular case, if you try to take the dealer to court what is to stop him saying that the components that they replaced were faulty and the chaffed lead was a new problem?
I am also putting letters together to everyone/anyone who I can think of who might have an interest in this matter of poor service from Ford and its dealers. Good luck.
OK thanks for your time and your reply.
At one point with my car a ford field engineer was very disparaging and said I needed a new engine, likewise the customer relationship centre are useless.
As I write this my case or claim is under review with the customer relationship folk .
I cannot understand why Ford will or oare refusing to deal with your Mondeo.
I need to look at your specific details under Mondeo
Good Luck
2003 1.8TDCi - reluctant to start when part warm - Saltrampen
I had a situation with a Toyota where the dealer replaced parts hoping to cure the problem.
Only after spending £100's on other parts, did they find the fault. In the end they agreed to waive labour costs for the earlier work. However the point was that they said before any work was done that either I could pay for labour to have the ahole system removed and tested or pay for suspected parts to be replaced. They stated that it may not cure the problem.
If you agreed for Ford to do the work and they explained that the replacement parts may not cure the problem, then maybe difficult to get money back.
If you just passed the car over them and told them to cure the problem and they claimed they had (when they hadn't) then perhaps you can offer to pay only the cost of the parts or get a discount.
The problem might be that without the old parts it is difficult to prove that they replaced working parts with new ones when not required. They can argue that their experts saw faults in the parts they removed.
Anyway only my opinion, suggest if you are considering sueing you need to get qualified legal advice, who may suggest getting a discount from the garage may be better if sueing does not stand much hope of success.

2003 1.8TDCi - reluctant to start when part warm - Dr_Duffy
I think the point has been made elsewhere on the web forum that the reason we pay around £100 per hour to have our cars fixed by dealers is that we are paying for their diagnosis and repair skills. It really is not good enough for them to indulge in guesswork at the customers expense.
at the endof the day I traded the car-had to get another ford as it had broken down and was towed to them
a PS is that this car was immaculate only done 22K yet ford dealer sold it on to auction because they said they could risk selling it themselves.
SO here we have a ford dealer beaten by a ford they sold.

For me I keep my new ford a while then I forget all about FORD and go buy a real car.with real dealers who know how to fix them etc
and maybe a real customer support as Fortd havent got one.
2003 1.8TDCi - reluctant to start when part warm - Roly93
For me I keep my new ford a while then I forget all about FORD
and go buy a real car.with real dealers who know how to fix them etc

So you'll be walking then, as there aren't any 'real' dealers left I think...
2003 1.8TDCi - reluctant to start when part warm - jc2
When you find one,please let us know!!!