Traffic England, Traffic Scotland, never the twain - Clanger
I've used the Traffic England web page for a year or two and found it useful in avoiding some delays, especially when heading off to the Deep South of West Yorkshire to see the in-laws. I need to dust off my passport and go to Scotland tomorrow and am annoyed to discover that traffic data in Scotland is on a separate page and looks totally different. Somewhere north of Carlisle the road comes to a dead stop at the border. I was half expecting a message saying "Here be dragons". Whoever thought that Scottish data should be on a separate page wants a swift and thorough kicking IMO. Joined-up thinking? Not a chance. What are these clowns doing with our money?

OK, rant over. I'm off for a lie down.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land

Edited by Hawkeye {P} on 31/10/2007 at 19:59

Traffic England, Traffic Scotland, never the twain - BobbyG
Never mind Hawkeye, its a deliberate ploy by us until we can get the Hadrian's Wall Extension built across the M74 :)

However as a valued member of the BR we will allow you safe progress to our beautiful land. Where you heading?
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Traffic England, Traffic Scotland, never the twain - Clanger
Aberuthven, near Perth.

Hawkeye
---------------------------------
Insomniac in a Strange Land
Watch for the mobile cameras!!
--
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Traffic England, Traffic Scotland, never the twain - Cliff Pope
But at least they drive on the same side of the road - at present.
Traffic England, Traffic Scotland, never the twain - Old Navy
Watch for the mobile cameras!!

>>
If you venture into Fife (we do have mains electricity) the scameras are exclusivly mobile and very devious. Blind bends and undulations are favorites, and they move frequently.
Traffic England, Traffic Scotland, never the twain - henry k
What are these clowns doing with our money?

>>
A recent backwards step. ;-((
I have found the Traffic England site quite useful as a check on th SE motorways so I can possibly avoid snarl ups.
With the recent introduction of "suggestions - take a break and time to junction n " messages the site is now being cluttered by such dross and it is more difficult to see the real warning signs.
Well if you check the Traffic Scotland site just now, and click on the "Live Views" of the cameras near Inverness, you will see the first snow falls of the winter!
--
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Traffic England, Traffic Scotland, never the twain - james86
>>Well if you check the Traffic Scotland site just now and click on the "Live
Views" of the cameras near Inverness you will see the first snow falls of the
winter!

I was in Elgin, near Inverness, about 2 weeks ago but reading that makes me wish I was up there this weekend instead!