2003 onwards - Offside Headlamp Bulb - ijws15
Well something finally broke on the Honda - the nearside headlamp bulb went in France and was replaced by my spare. Interesting job in the dark. Now I want to fit two brand new bulbs.

Question

Other than being a toddler with considerable upper body strength how do you change the offside headlamp bulb in the current Honda Accord? I can touch the cover that goes over the back of the bulb housing but cannot get my hand in far enough to turn it, never mind reach in to change the bulb.

Would have been an interesting discussion with the gendarmes if the offside bulb had gone in France!

Edited by Webmaster on 28/11/2007 at 10:01

Offside Headlamp Bulb - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Answer.
Using all the tools at my disposal in the garage. I'd similar problems with the Passat main beams. Socket was needed, carefully, to extract bulbs.

Do not think the gendarmes expect anything beyond carrying the spare bulbs.
Offside Headlamp Bulb - ijws15
Managed to work this out last night - on a Diesel.

Remove the bolt holding the top of the washer bottle filler (needed a flexible drive and care not to drop the bolt.

Pull off the top part of the filler tube - top 2 inches comes off, lower part might pull out as well but I managed with just the top part removed.

You can now move the tube over allowing (me) just enough room to get my hand in. If you have large hands you will struggle. At one point I thought we might need the fire brigade to get my hand out! Next time I might get the wife to do it!

Refit the washer bottle filler tube. I did drop the bolt but luckily it lodged on one of the many pipes there are down there so was reachable - just.