56 reg TDCi - smoking on acceleration - Richard M
I have a 56 Mondeo Tdci which smokes badly on initial acceleration such as when leaving a 30mph limit. It seems to be better when it is accelerating harder but there is still some smoke. Is this an EGR fault or something else. All other aspects of its power delivery and economy are fine
Thanks Richard M

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/10/2007 at 00:58

56 reg TDCi - smoking on acceleration - GingerTom
Usually just the EGR sticking. Needs a clean out which is a DIY job if you know what you are doing or you can just pay to get it replaced.
I thought that it was likely to be the problem but I wanted to get other people's advice. As the car is under warranty I will put it into the dealers. Thanks for the help.
Richard M
56 reg TDCi - smoking on acceleration - piston power
Are all the filters clean not over fueling? check air filter found loads black with the extended service mileage. good luck..
I haven't checked any filters but it has just been serviced at 12700 miles so that should not be a problem provided the service was done correctly.
Richard M
56 reg TDCi - smoking on acceleration - Old Navy
Ford dont change the air filter untill the 37,500 service on my Focus 2.0 tdci. When I checked and changed it at about 20,000 miles it was filthy and the housing had several leaves and assorted small bits of debris in it. At least it was doing its job!

Edited by Old Navy on 22/10/2007 at 10:09