2.2HDi FAP problems (never get one everybody) - stevie1234
I posted on this site about 3 months ago when my cars engine blew its brains out about 200 metres away from the dealer who said it would be fine to drive. Anyway, having spent a fortune on new Engine, Turbo, 4 injectors, intercooler, clutch and all associated deisel pipes as well as labour from the main dealer am back in trouble looking for advice.

Since picking up the car we have been getting an error message saying the fap level is low, I was assured by the dealer that it was not. Anyway, we used the car for a family holiday to Portugal covering about 3000 miles no problems, kept the engine speeds below 2500 rpm, let the engine idle for a minute or so before stopping it etc all the things I was told I had done wrong before.

A couple of days after returning from holiday we got a second error message saying something like fap filter recycle needed urgently, the next day the dreaded Engine Anti Pollution Sytem Faulty error came on and we are now limping everywhere. Took it back to the dealer and was told it need anew sensor, so had them do it, picked it up, on the way home all 3 errors came up, limped to the garage and left it with them again, was told it needed a new sender unit in the fap additive reservoir, had it done, same problem, left it with the dealer again who apparently called in an expert to look collectively at the 4 2.2 hdi engined cars that were all showing similar faults.

Five weeks later was assured that it was all fine now, picked the car up this afternoon started the engine surrounded by happy mechanics who are fed up withy my ranting and raving.

I had not even got out of the parking space before the fap additive level warning came on, I was then assured that this error would not cause the limp home mode that we had before, was told just to drive it and see if it would correct itself with movement.

After about 2 miles the engine anti pollution system faulty message appeared closely followed by the little orange light that means I am struggling to get to 30mph up hill.

Anybody got any ideas, any recourse on the dealer, any anything???
2.2HDi FAP problems (never get one everybody) - OldSock
Semtex?

Sorry it's not much help, but you've probably thought of it already......
2.2HDi FAP problems (never get one everybody) - stevie1234
Semtex?

snipquote
Where can I get some,?? I would obviously need a detonator that had no trace of French electronics.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/10/2007 at 19:38

2.2HDi FAP problems (never get one everybody) - Screwloose
stevie

Glad to see that they managed to nail that replacement engine in.

A sender unit on the additive tank? I thought that the additive ECU kept tabs on it's fluid usage and simply subtracted from the programmed fill quantity. Refilling the fluid is usually useless unless the tank quantity is re-set for exactly that reason.

They have reset the tank quantity in the additive ECU.....?

Edited by Screwloose on 17/10/2007 at 17:39

2.2HDi FAP problems (never get one everybody) - dieselnut
From my experiences with my C5 2.2, although the addative ECU knows the reservoir level is low, it doesn't stop trying to pump.
I originally got the low level alarm at 153k together with anti pollution fault & limp home mode.
After the FAP was cleaned & Eolys added (without resetting the addative ECU), I had no more problems even though I get the 'LOW ADDATIVE' alarm every time the car is used.
Car is now on 173k & just been changed to Passat 130 PD which feels like 150bhp in comparison to the Citroen.