New Garmin Sat Nav - 20+ years out of date - Falkirk Bairn
I got a Sat Nav for a birthday present - I expected roads etc to be a bit out of date - some 4/5 years surprised me.

However playing around with the "Shopping" I chanced aupon the petrol stations - several were out of date - Jet now was Shell and the like but the creme de la creme of out of date info was an Esso Filling statioon that closed about 20 years ago.

Surely they should check their info with another source - phone book/yellow pages to see if they are still in business.

Can you beat 20 + Years out of date in your area?
New Garmin Sat Nav - 20+ years out of date - gmac
My previous car Peugeot 206 had an integrated (Dutch mapping co. linked to American PC OS Co.) CD based system which didn't recognise the A4 between Aachen and Cologne in Germany.
The single digit autobahns were built in the 1930's.
New Garmin Sat Nav - 20+ years out of date - james86
I wasn't amused a while ago to buy a brand new Tom Tom and find its maps were well out of date (most obvious error being new A1M road in Yorkshire). I spoke to them and they said a new map was available which I would have to pay for (about £35 I think). But I'd only bought the Tom Tom the week before - surely it should come with the latest maps, or at least they should let you download them for free if you have recently purchased! And they couldn't even confirm whether the A1M was on the new maps or not.
New Garmin Sat Nav - 20+ years out of date - Harmattan
I was amused to see the very latest but borrowed Tom Tom Europe showing us resolutely ploughing across the middle of a fairly wide French river rather than on the nice bridge that appeared to be more than a year or so old. The satnav showed a longer diversion along the riverbank which I ignored -- as I did the flight of steps in Aix-les-Bains that were wide enough for our 4x4 but it was going up rather than down.