DIY fit Reversing Sensors - any opinions? - KenC
At www.a1motorstores.co.uk Product order ref: CPT1521122 £59.99

tinyurl.com/35ncy5 {Direct link to product - DD}

I have seen this reversing sensor on Motorstores website.
Has anyone any here fitted one ? I would like opinions please
as to
a) whether or not this device works ?
b) is it easy to fit & will it last more than a few years ?
thank you all

Edited by Stephen on 15/10/2007 at 11:36

DIY fit Reversing Sensors - any opinions? - Dynamic Dave
moves across to discussion to see if any responses can be obtained there
anyone?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/10/2007 at 17:49

DIY fit Reversing Sensors - any opinions? - gmac
Don't have any experience of it but looking at the size of it, it will not be very effective for the corners of the car or for the lower bumper in the example shown.
DIY fit Reversing Sensors - any opinions? - steveo3002
i think id go for the regular drill n fit in the bumper style ones...go for one with 4 sensors

used to fit a few at work ...theyre ok and you can aerosol the sensors if you like for a more oem look

make sure you are ok with bumper removal and some interior trims to run the wires
STEVE 03002

thanks for the reply, I really want to avoid taking the bumber off
& drilling it hence my interest in this item.
I note you have fitted a few of the 4 sensor types. I wonder do you have any
knowledge of the META TARGA no.plate type ( as tested elsewhere here )
many thanks ken
DIY fit Reversing Sensors - any opinions? - bell boy
Cheaper at maplin
they are even doing a complete camera and interior mirror set up for £100,sign up with them for all the latest offers (i dont work for them)

tinyurl.com/yv4f9l
DIY fit Reversing Sensors - any opinions? - steveo3002
no ive no experiance of the numberplate mounted one

just a thought...if its wired will you have to run wires into the tailgate and into the main body? could be quiet a bind on some cars
DIY fit Reversing Sensors - any opinions? - v0n
When choosing parking sensors it's important to notice "minimum distance" spec, which is basically the distance before sensors start their "flatline" beep - good sensors will be able to go as close as 30-40cm, for cheapo sensors (which often don't even list any specs) that sensitivity can be as bad as 80cm - 1m, so, in town environment 1m distance from another car giving you "flatline" sound means you might as well not have them at all...
--------------------
[ Anything I drive can and will be used against me ]
DIY fit Reversing Sensors - any opinions? - piggy
There seem to be quite a few on E-bay from around £20. As v0n points out their sensitivity is not all that good.
I have toyed with the idea of fitting some to the Grande Punto as it is a swine to reverse.
Let us know how you get on.
DIY fit Reversing Sensors - any opinions? - David Horn
Hmm. Goes flatline at about 5-10cm on the Accord, which is quite close enough.

Speaking of that reversing camera - unless it flips the image, don't buy it or you'll end up with a massive headache trying to reverse under its guidance.
DIY fit Reversing Sensors - any opinions? - wazza
As a matter of interest what do you drive or to what vehicle would you fit it to?

Just bought a mpv (Mazda 5) which is a pain for reversing. Like with all mpvs thanks to higer seating and the height of the bottom of the rear window you can't see how close to the car you are reversing to, all you can see is the roof. I was thinking of using a parking sensor till i came across this

www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product...0

this gave me better visibility behind the mpv which enabled me to reverse closer to the car behind.

Bought mine from charlie brown which was the same product but cheaper.