yr 2002 - Hdi - replacing crank pulley - jimbojim
Could anyone tell me if the crank pulley bolt on a citroen belingo hdi 2002 is a left or right hand thread? I am going to get an electric impact wrench to remove the bolt, it has a maximum torque of 125 pound feet, should this be enough to undo the bolt? I know that they are on pretty tight!! cheers

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/10/2007 at 14:39

yr 2002 - Hdi - replacing crank pulley - 659FBE
Right hand thread. Do it with a hot engine and if possible heat the bolt head with a torch to soften the thread locking compound.

yr 2002 - Hdi - replacing crank pulley - RichardW
125 lbf ft? Extremely unlikely.... On PSA TD engines I have done I've usually needed all of my 15 stone on the end of a 2ft breaker bar (400 lbf ft more like...) - although the hammer action might help. TBH any garage used to doing this will do it for 1/2 hour labour - which is probably about the same as it will cost to buy the impact driver!
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
yr 2002 - Hdi - replacing crank pulley - 659FBE
If you're brave, find a suitable spanner and spin it off on the starter, using the stored energy in the flywheel. Not recommended by supporters of the Nanny State, but highly effective.

yr 2002 - Hdi - replacing crank pulley - jimbojim
thanks. i fancy the idea of spinning the bolt out using the starter. it would have to be set up right though. a spinning spanner can be a bit harmful to some of the cars components.
yr 2002 - Hdi - replacing crank pulley - thomp1983
having done a few in 306's ive always done them with a breaker bar and brute force, no need to jump on the bar just wedge feet against back of wheel arch and pull, that was with a 2 foot breaker bar from halfords. only one ive ever done that was problematic was a psa 2litre engie which i did with the same bar wedged to the ground and turn the starter.

all perfectly safe doing on a starter really considering your stood behind a door.

chris
yr 2002 - Hdi - replacing crank pulley - TurboD
all crank pulleys are incredibly tight- unless put on wrongly.
I found the suggestion above best- get a professional to do it for half hour labour. It took half an hour to get one off I needed,they heated the nut to red heat then shocked it off.
have fun, but watch for collateral damage if you DIY