I'm really very very sorry but.... - Adam {P}
....I'm back.

Hello!!!

After a few emails, a lazy morning, idle thoughts and the fact that it's been a year, I thought, "What the Hell - I may as well have a look" and once I did, I just had to log in and post!

What a change! It's....it's blue! All these weird boxes - what's going on? And it looks distinctly like there's some sort of edit button....who caved into the pressure then? Eh?

So...what's new with you all? I ended up getting the V6 I wanted so much in the end but all is not rosy. I went for an immaculate, low miles Mercedes E280 Avantgarde (1999) in May which I absolutely love but in the past few weeks it's started doing some weird things (something gearbox related and something oil related - I don't do things by halves!) but not being able to afford to change, or take the massive drop in value I've decided to keep it and see it through. (I still love it despite it's problems). And in keeping with my wonderful choice of colours - it's a rather fetching shade of.....maroon!!! I know I know - please don't look at me like that.

What else...erm...not much really. Changed jobs, changed cars...but that's about it. I wish I could talk about more...you'd think I'd have a year's worth of material to talk about but I don't! And what I could talk about is all boring and completely, massively, could-not-be-less car related so I won't.

Right, just got to figure out how to post this now....

Adam

It's......blue!!!

Edited by Honestjohn on 09/10/2007 at 23:01

I'm really very very sorry but.... - Cliff Pope
It's to promote HJ's new golden oldie release, "Am I Blue?".
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Dipstick
Welcome back Adam. Nothing much has changed here apart from the new look to the site, which only happened last week! Good timing. The only thing I've noticed over the past 12 months is that some people, naming no names, are a tad ruder and a tad more unpleasant than used to be the case, for some reason, which is bit disappointing. But still a great place to be, and as ever, the best source of car related information going in my opinion.

Edited by Dipstick on 09/10/2007 at 11:31

I'm really very very sorry but.... - OldSock
I'd like to echo Dipstick's comment regarding a recent increase in 'abrasive' postings.

Everyone is, of course, entitled to their own opinion - it's just that some contributors would add the rider, "as long as that opinion is also my own".

No doubt these people will be along to tell you that you should have bought a BMW.....
I'm really very very sorry but.... - mjm
Welcome back, Adam.

A maroon Merc, even with problems, has to be a better option than a funky Focus!

I suppose the probs will be over in technical.

(I thought that you'd be back, sooner or later, bad penny and all that!) :)
I'm really very very sorry but.... - smoke
Welcome back.
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Stuartli
Great news...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
I'm really very very sorry but.... - FP
Never say never...
I'm really very very sorry but.... - L'escargot
Welcome back Adamski. You tried to give it up cold turkey and inevitably you failed!
--
L\'escargot.
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Pezzer
At last ! Welcome back :-)
I'm really very very sorry but.... - mk124
Glad your back. I have missed reading your contributions.

-----------------------------------------------

Torque means nothing without RPM
I'm really very very sorry but.... - henry k
>>
You had better say hello to our new mod.
I'm really very very sorry but.... - horatio
I don't think there is an edit button ???
I'm really very very sorry but.... - MichaelR
You bought a 99 E Class? You fail, I'm never speaking to you again!
I'm really very very sorry but.... - L'escargot
Changed jobs changed cars...

In that case please update your profile!
--
L\'escargot.
I'm really very very sorry but.... - GregSwain
Told you that you'd be better off without a Ford (especially a vomit-coloured one), but I didn't reckon on you buying a 1990s Merc. I hope the new job pays enough to keep repairing it every time it goes wrong!

Glad to see you back, I haven't had a good argument on here for....hmm....about a year! ;-)
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Adam {P}
Hello hello hello!!!

Thanks for the very warm welcome! Yes, some may think I'm crazy. But I was seduced by the electric sun blind. A nice big car with lots and lots of toys that up until 2 weeks ago, had happily done 11k miles in my charge without problem....admittedly now it's broken but strangely, even though I know I'm facing an enormous bill, I don't regret it. Crazy I know. But I don't. I still get in it and smile...I've been known to sit in and play with the leccy seats for hours on end....well...not hours....but not far off! You know me and my toys!

Yes it's maroon. Yes it's thirsty. Yes it's broken. But it makes a nice noise! I love it! :)

Anyway, PU a mod? What the Hell's going on!!!? I feel like I've been out of it for ages!

Well, I must dash. I have a car to sit in that won't go anywhere. At least I have my strangely hypnotic single windscreen wiper to look at.....until the battery runs out.

Thanks again for the great welcome! It's good to be back!

Adam
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Round The Bend
Cripes! Welcome back Adam.

Who's next .... Toad?

----
Parp, parp!
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Group B
Welcome back Adam. What did you do with the formidable Focus?

;o)

Edited by Rich 9-3 on 09/10/2007 at 13:34

I'm really very very sorry but.... - bell boy
a rave from the grave and driving a clonker
welcome back adam
ive kept a seat for you

...........................aka oldman
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Blue {P}
Welcome back!

Can't remember what I was driving when you were last here, but it's now a TF that I've fancied for ages and a Mondy V6, I know exactly where you are coming from with the Merc, they make such a nice noise that you just can't help but love 'em. :-)

Blue
your seats getting cold :-(
I knew someone would notice.

The seat is not likely to get warmed up anytime soon, in my view.
i agree chris,shame like, but its like my job, im the cats whiskers yesterday,in the morning 11.30 sharp when punter has passed wind, eaten half a pig ,put on his trackies, he will phone to complain that the passenger door wont lock, its life ,it moves on but hey , im just sad, adam tried to reappear but was shot down over flanders.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/11/2007 at 00:14

I'm really very very sorry but.... - Citroënian {P}
Welcome back young man!
-------------------------
07 Kia Ceed LS
05 Citroën C4 VT
04 Mazda MX5
85 Mini Mayfair
I'm really very very sorry but.... - borasport20
Surprise surprise ;-)

now should'nt you be selling tires at this time of day ?

I'm really very very sorry but.... - Dynamic Dave
Typical!

Just when I thought I could put my edit key into semi retirement ;o)
I'm really very very sorry but.... - R75
And you return just in time to start your favorite thread................................

Northern Xmas Meet!!!!!

:o)
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Chad.R
A Maroon Benz? Do you have a gold tissue box on the rear parcel shelf too? If not, I'm sure we could do a whip-round ..... ;-)
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Lud
Perhaps we could run to a fat middle eastern rosary to hang from the rv mirror, a bead seat cover and a nice matching maroon velvet steering wheel cosy as well...

Where HAVE you been young man?
I'm really very very sorry but.... - deepwith
Really very very pleased to see you back. Second that we need a profile update please...... and have you found RF yet?
I'm really very very sorry but.... - rtj70
RF is easy and therefore reveal his newest persona ;-)

Welcome back Adam... a few times there have been "joke/wind-up" postings in the past 12 months and often wondered if it was you for a laugh. Probably not but I think you have a sense of humour.

Again welcome back.
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Phil I
Good to see you in the land of the living. Trust your family are all well. Pity about problems with the Merc. Have no doubt Technical will be able to sort these for you at minimal expense.

Happy Motoring (in the real world now Adam) Phil I .
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Happy Blue!
Hellooooo!

Great to have you back.

Right - about that North West Room Xmas meet......
I'm really very very sorry but.... - PoloGirl
::cough::: told you so :::cough:::

Keep this on motoring please, if you can. It's not an excuse for an Adam love in. ;)
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Blue {P}
Well I think someone should definitely sort an xmas meet thread. Preferably as northerly as possible please :-)

Blue
I'm really very very sorry but.... - JH
Adam! Welcome back! I look forward to your posts.

JH
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Hugo {P}
I didn't get this kind of welcome when I went away......

:Sulks:

Nice to see you again

How about a Cornish Meet? North West is no good for me - too far away from my pasties....
I'm really very very sorry but.... - PoloGirl
>I didn't get this kind of welcome when I went away......

Exactly, and neither does anyone else, particularly when they had such a long thread saying goodbye and that they would never be back! ;)

Enough now.

A pity we're picking at old wounds.
I'm really very very sorry but.... - jbif
That is strange. I am sure this thread was locked a short time ago when it did not have the Mercedes bit in the title!

I'm really very very sorry but.... - blue_haddock
Welcome back chap!

I too was in the wilderness for a while for a number of reasons but i'm sort of here again now! I've changed my car a couple of times over the past year - the rocking roland with it's cream leather has gone, that was replaced briefly with a Citroen ZX Volcane TD which was subsequently replaced with a MK3 golf GTi colour concept in bright yellow complete with black and yellow leather interior - you would of loved it! And now i'm pootling round in a Xsara VTR Coupe - not as flash as the golf but i like it!
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Martin Devon
Velcome back. I still have the W210 E320 Straight 6 (95) and now a minor alarm prob' has raised its ugly head. See technical.

Very best regards..........MD
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Big Bad Dave
I had the pleasure of racing Adam's Merc around the streets of Cheshire knowing that Adam was footing the fuel bill. It's a gorgeous car, it's not nice having to get straight back in a Peugeot afterwards.

Edited by Big Bad Dave on 10/10/2007 at 09:27

I'm really very very sorry but.... - R75
I agree with ChrisP.

Seems oneuppersonship is alive and well!!!!!!
I'm really very very sorry but.... - truckle
I had an E320, bought in 1999, 18 months old. £28k! Chock a block full of all the toys Merc make, rode like a dream. Best car I'd ever had. 4 years ago problems started and I was spending £2 - £3k a year correcting things. Sent it in to official Merc dealers each time. Air con got regassed and checked, and they said it was ok. After 3 years of intermittant failures they finally replaced a control pcb (another £800) and it worked. Then wiring corroded. Another big bill.

Battery kept going dead after a few weeks of non use. Replaced and checked times at dealers.
Eventually they found a siren fault draining it. It all cost an arm and a leg. By this year I hadnt been able to drive it for more than a few miles a year.

All through this, I loved the car! It was so comfy, spacious, quick and luxurious. My wife refused to go out in it as it kept breaking down and embarrassing her! (It dumped all its fluids in Tescos car park and had to be towed to the garage again). And still I loved it.

I finally got everything working this August. Tyres looking dodgy, suspension iffy. Then the air con broke again. Big bills looming. I had to let my wife have her way and she amputated the car from my grasp.

Finally I am free. Traded it in for a Porsche boxster '03. Wow, I wish I'd done it earlier.
But I still miss the old girl.

Sorry if this waffled on a bit, but I just felt an empathy with another E320 owner who had a car he couldn't drive.

Mike
I'm really very very sorry but.... - Avant
It was good of Bellboy to revive this thread - I was on holiday so missed your resurrection, Adam. Good to hear from you again - maybe your new job as a German taxi driver means unsocial hours so less frequent appearances here. :)

I hope the taxi is restored to health soon, and you to the forum.

(Being no longer a Mercedes driver, I can be rude about them again!)