Tyre recommendations - 03 Civic 1.6 - hjd
I need some new tyres for my Civic (bog standard, not Type anything).
Originals were Bridgestone Potenzas - have two of these on the front. I also have a couple of Dunlop Sports. I am probably quite hard on tyres, but one thing I am conscious of is the amount of road noise on the car - is there anything that would be a bit quieter without compromising performance?
Don't want real cheapies but not interested in paying over the top just for a name!
Have tried ringing blackcircles but had to leave a message with their switchboard - they said they would ring back but have heard nothing yet (2.5 hours ago).
Tyre recommendations - 03 Civic 1.6 - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Why not use the Black Circles website?
That tells you all the tyres available. Just a satisfied customer.
Tyre recommendations - 03 Civic 1.6 - bell boy
you will find this car is noisy no matter what tyres you fit as its a design of the floorpan and carpets
i would fit something like kumhos or whatever is on offer at my local tyre dealer and no more than £30 a corner all in
Tyre recommendations - 03 Civic 1.6 - Falkirk Bairn
My Honda ran on Michelins from day 1 until recently sold @ 90K mls

Tyres were bought from Costco (members only) @ £45 ea fitted,new valves, balanced(IIRC)
Got 22,000 mls out of them on the front after they had done 22,000 on the back.

Mostly motorway miles and not raced/rally style driving -
Tyre recommendations - 03 Civic 1.6 - paulb {P}
I used to have one of these - a 53-reg 1.6 Inspire S with the 15" alloys, which took 195/60s if memory serves - and it ran very well on Dunlop SP Sport 300Es, so much so that when the originals needed replacing I bought the same again.

Agree with the comment above about road noise. It's all that flat floor...
Tyre recommendations - 03 Civic 1.6 - Saltrampen
On My old Honda 02 1.6, when the Kumhos needed replacing, put on Dunlop 01 Sports, increase in noise. These cars seem sensitive to tracking and tyre pressure.
Mine started to tramline as well and the Honda dealer struggled to get the tracking right.
Check autocar reports and choose the quietest tyre possible (Hancooks?)...
Tyre recommendations - 03 Civic 1.6 - Dipstick
You could do worse than use the live chat on the Honda website. I've used it a few times and they've always been exceptionally helpful and polite, even answering questions about worldwide technology plans for their range over the next five years, etc. Not stumped them yet. They might give you a pointer or two.

Edited by Dipstick on 09/10/2007 at 11:28

Tyre recommendations - 03 Civic 1.6 - DishonestJack
I'm a cheapskate and bought the cheapest branded tyre I could - Firestone Firehawk from etyres. Not too bad, a bit quieter than the tyres the car came with new (which I think were Dunlops) but handling, cornering nowhere near as good.
Wish I'd paid a little more and gone for something better.