Transporter 2002 - 2.5TDi Glowplug? Light - Chris75
Hi all

On returning form a job this morning, the Orange Glowplug? light started to flash about one mile from base. Continued back to base and switched off. After a couple of hours i have just started it and the light continues to flash.

no other problems - drives / sounds as normal.

Can anyone tell me if this has a single meaning (& what it means) or could it be a number of things?

Could really do with using the van again tonight but will make other arrangements if need be.

Van is a 2002 model with 36k on the clock.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Slight SL tweak and Posters own edit edited in !

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 07/10/2007 at 16:33

Transporter 2002 - 2.5TDi Glowplug? Light - bell boy
might sound obvious but have you an owners manual to look in?
im sure this light performs a few different functions though
if its the same engine as in the sprinter then i am led to believe the 5th injector is a problem on this motor and apart from being a pig to get out is also very expensive to buy

hope im wrong.......
these are the views of an idiot and are not the views of this site ;-)
No, don't have a manual.

Would it not be running a bit rough if one of the injectors had failed?

I think a lot of the mechanicals are the same as a Sprinter. Not sure about engine though?
Transporter 2002 - 2.5TDi Glowplug? Light - bell boy
my mates was difficult to tell but im sure it was only the light that warned him of the problem
as i say i might be going up the wrong tree and a scan of the codes is the answer,thing is the light is on for a reason rightly or wrongly and you could cause damage if not sorted soonest
sorry......

these are the views of an idiot and are not the views of this site ;-)
Transporter 2002 - 2.5TDi Glowplug? Light - Screwloose

The flashing glowplug light is a fault-code warning. Get someone to plug it in and read the codes.

It's worth checking that the brake-light bulbs haven't blown.
Transporter 2002 - 2.5TDi Glowplug? Light - Hamsafar
The glow plug light occupies the same space as the EML light on a petrol and doubles up as one. If there are no driveability problems, brake light/brake switch issues are a common fault. Check the brake lights come on and go off properly, even if they do, it can still be the brake pedal switch as it has two switches inside.
Thanks all.

Nearside brake light seems to have been the culprit.