Removing paint from leather - legacylad
I am currently borrowing my ex's Lexus SportCross and shall valet it before return. Sometime during the last 3 years paint has appeared on the leather seat squab...not looked closely but gloss I assume. How best to remove without marking the leather?
(As an aside, after 15 years of van ownership she continues to treat it like a van for her retail business...the back seats have been permanently down since purchase and it is full of shavings, hay,rabbit food, peanuts...for those people who like to clean their cars every week it would break your hearts!)
Removing paint from leather - injection doc
I too just had the sme problem after gloss painting at home & got in my jag to go to the DIY store!. Coudn't belive next day all the paint over my charcol leather seat. Wrong I know but I used white spirit very carefully & treated the leather afterwards with shed loads of leather cream & all appears ok at the moment.

Doc
Removing paint from leather - legacylad
thanks doc
i have white spirit...just need to find the leather cream, last used on my H reg Saab 9000 several years ago. It must be on the garage shelf somewhere............
Removing paint from leather - bell boy
please be very careful doing this as you can easily make it worse,its not your car after all

Removing paint from leather - tintin01
'rubbing alcohol', real name is 'iso..something', available from chemists, is sometimes suggested as suitable for removing ink and permanent marker from leather sofas - it may be worth a try on gloss on car seats. I'd get a cotton bud and try an inconspicuos bit first.
Removing paint from leather - Dynamic Dave
'iso..something'

Isopropyl alcohol
Removing paint from leather - L'escargot
There might be an acceptable solution (no pun intended!) here somewhere.
--
L\'escargot.
Removing paint from leather - L'escargot
.......... here somewhere. tinyurl.com/299jm4

Oops!
--
L\'escargot.
Removing paint from leather - DP
Isopropyl alcohol

Or tape deck head cleaning fluid, to refer to its more common application.

And you thought you'd never use it again! :-)

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
Removing paint from leather - Gromit {P}
Check very carefully on a concealed part of the seat before using isopropyl alcohol to clean the paint. Its very good at lifting pigment from coloured surfaces too!

Personally, I'd take the good advice offered here and leave well enough alone - you didn't put the paint there, after all. Which is good advice I usually remember a hour after I've torn the house - or car - apart on some "simple" job that "will only take 5 minutes"!
Removing paint from leather - Round The Bend
"she continues to treat it like a van"

No wonder she's your ex!