Main Dealer servicing - csgmart
Our Renault Modus 1.5dci is now due for it's 24k service which includes draining and fitting of new fuel filter. Been quoted £264 at 3 dealers.

Had a leaflet in the post a while ago offering 5% discount for booking online with local Renault dealer.

Used the online service to book car in and recieved an e-mail confirming price for service would be £284.54.

A swift e-mail back to service dept pointing out the previous price quoted over the phone and the lack of 5% discount for booking online has acheived an instant reduction in the price quoted from £284.54 to £250 all in.

Over £34 saved in less than 2 minutes. I wonder how much more I could save if I really pushed them hard?

I have to say it does nothing for my confidence in main dealers and their honesty, integrity and attention to the customer.

I suspect I am not alone in these thoughts.......
Main Dealer servicing - GregSwain
Why not just take it to an independent and ask them to use genuine Renault parts if you (rightly) believe the main-dealers are rip-off merchants?
Main Dealer servicing - Bill Payer
Well, consider this example:
My MB C270CDi has a normal major service price of £479. I got a special offer postcard from the dealer offering the same thing at £315. However it expired before my service was due, so I called the dealer and asked if I could several months ahead. 'No problem', the said - 'we'll honour that price anytime'.
Main Dealer servicing - L'escargot
I have to say it does nothing for my confidence in main dealers

You mean one specific Renault dealer. It's unfair (and unjustified) to tar all dealers with the same brush. I've used franchised dealers (Rootes/Chrysler UK, Ford, Peugeot and Citroen) for 40-odd years and in general received complete satisfaction ~ and I reckon I'm hard to please.
--
L\'escargot.
Main Dealer servicing - csgmart
Sadly this is not my first experience of a price that changes when you query it. I agree that not all main dealers are like this - just the ones I have had the misfortune to use.

There has been one exception - a Jag dealership in Reading. If I am ever in the market for a new or used Jag I would use them again even though they are about 90 miles from home.
Main Dealer servicing - 1066
my nissan note needed a service and was booked in for yesterday, however when i woke up i felt really bad so phoned to cancel, instaed they sent some one out to collect it and returned it before it was time for the chool run.
Main Dealer servicing - Falkirk Bairn
>>instaed they sent some one out to collect it and returned it before it was time for the chool run.

I take it it was the return home of the KIds on the school run rather than taking them to school at 8:30.

However my Honda was serviced at the main dealer 12 yrs ago before 9am - I waited in reception - just over 30 mins and they charged 2 hrs labour - "We had 3 x people" working on it!" I felt they had drained the oil and that was about the total of it.
Main Dealer servicing - BobbyG
When I had my Scenic, I played 2 Renault dealers off against each other for the servicing and saved a substantial amount.

Definitely worth it and makes a mockery of "fixed price servicing"
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS