ABS defective - Davva
My friends Lanos 1.6 T reg exhibited a loud squealing noise when she drove it, which finally ended with a 'clunk' & then she felt the car lost power & also the ABS light came on. The RAC man said it was a problem with the brakes, so I checked & yes it needed new discs & pads. I did the job, brakes & power fine but the ABS light is still on. I also noticed that the ABS sensors on the hubs looked like they were set right in, so much so that they had worn the sensor teeth on the CV joint. Can I at least reset the ABS light & how? and what can I do about the sensors & the teeth on the CV?
ABS defective - Ronaldo
I had a problem with the ABS light staying on. The only way to 'reset it' was to replace the faulty sensor. The sensors seem to 'weld' themselves into place so I got one from an on-line breakers (so they removed it) and I had to burn out the old one with a torch. On mine, the sensors are set fairly close to the teeth, and the teeth aren't pointed as you might expect.
ABS defective - Davva
Many thanks for the advice, I will try this ASAP. btw, how much did you pay for 2nd hand
sensors as I had an F.O. price from 'Breakeryard'?

Snipped the quoted post.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 08/10/2007 at 18:22

ABS defective - Ronaldo
I seem to recollect that the sensor cost about £25 (inc P&P)