Ragtop with four seats - Vin {P}
Friend of mine is looking for a new car. She wants a decent size ragtop with four good size seats. That's the normal bit.

I entirely dissociate myself from the following statement - all respondees please note and act accordingly: The following statements are not a reflection of my views in any form or shape whatsoever

She doesn't want anything "common" like a Vauxhall or a Ford.

End of contentious bit

She's owned a BMW and doesn't like the way other drivers treated her.

Final requirement: She's looking for something with a bit of style. Assume that any budget will be fine.

V
Ragtop with four seats - Collos25
You can pick up some good Saab,Audi and Volvo ragtops.
Ragtop with four seats - ForumNeedsModerating
She doesn't want anything "common" like a Vauxhall or a Ford.

A debatable point in correct grammar whether to put the word 'common' in single or double quotes. I assume though she means lower status/prestige, rather than numerous or ubiquitous.

There can only be one choice methinks: Saab 9-3 (post 2003)
"Single or double quotation marks denote either speech or a quotation. Neither style is an absolute rule, though double quotation marks are preferred in the United States, and both single and double quotation marks are used in the United Kingdom. A publisher's or even an author's style may take precedence over national general preferences."

From Wikipaedia; who has ever known that to be incorrect?

I've hijacked my own thread!

V
Ragtop with four seats - L'escargot
I've hijacked my own thread!

Serves you right then, because you've just set me off.
........ double quotation marks are preferred in the United States ........

Asterisks seem to be preferred in The Back Room ~ what's that all about? ;-)
--
L\'escargot.
Ragtop with four seats - Lud
D'you mean *like this* Escargot? I've always wondered too.
Asterisks were used before wysiwyg interfaces to mean emphasis. So *now* means now.

V
Ragtop with four seats - cjehuk
Audi A4 Cabriolet with either the 3.0TDI or 3.2v6 engine. Beautifully made and trimmed car, and very smart especially in S-Line trim. One of the nicest cars Audi makes and residuals equal to those of the Mini. Mind you the two in the back will have to be small... it won't seat 4 6ft tall guys comfortably for long distances.
Ragtop with four seats - gmac
If she really is as badge/image conscientious as you say then she can really only go for Mercedes Ocean Drive, which I read is going in production for next year, or possibly Bentley or Rolls convertible.
Ragtop with four seats - local yokel
Mercedes E series W-124 convertible. Really holding their price, and look good.

HJ's article on this class in the DT: tinyurl.com/ynlhy2
Ragtop with four seats - billy25
She may find some ideas of what she has in mind here:

tinyurl.com/22rknn

Billy
Ragtop with four seats - boxsterboy
SWMBO loves her CLK cab, even with only the 240 V6 - cabs don't need to be fast.
Ragtop with four seats - gmac
If I were in the market for a ragtop (or CC) I'd look for something that was designed from the outset to be that way and not some decapitated tin-top.
Ragtop with four seats - 1066
some nice rolls and Bentley convertibles around with good history for Circa 30k.

Ragtop with four seats - Pica
Try a Mustang Vert V8
Ragtop with four seats - Lud
Someone put a link to a photo of a very pretty pink Audi convertible a while ago. Looked terrific, for anyone uninterested in the opinions of passers-by.
Ragtop with four seats - rogue-trooper
how about

tinyurl.com/3d3mbd

very classy.

BTW what is this about BMW drivers getting attitude from others. I have been driving BMWs for the past 15 years and haven't noticed it at all.
Thanks all,

I'll pass a link to this thread on to her. Might give her some ideas.

V
Ragtop with four seats - billy25
>>BTW what is this about BMW drivers getting attitude from others. I have been driving BMWs for the past 15 years and haven't noticed it at all. <<

;-) ;-) exactly! you drive a BMW! you wouldn't notice would you ;-)