Mondeo Immobiliser - jms
I have a 1994 Mondeo with a factory fit Bosch immobiliser. It has developed a fault where it is not releasing the fuel pump when you deactivate it. My garage has isolated this part of the system, but say it will have to go to Ford for a complete fix. Has anyone any experience of this system or had a similar problem? Thanks Jason
Mondeo Immobiliser - Alan Clark
No...but what were the symptoms? Something to look out for.
Mondeo Immobiliser - jms
Going along the M1, suddenly no engine. Wouldn`t restart, although engine was turning over. Diagnosed as no fuel getting to engine.
Mondeo Immobiliser - jc
There is no such thing as a factory fit Bosch immobilizer on a Mondeo.Are you talking a diesel pump(bosch) and a Ford (EEC IV)immobilizer?This should not cut out whilst running;that sounds like a bad connection or a broken wire.There was a problem on early ones where if the engine stalled you had to wait 5 seconds when the engine was hot for the immobilizer to reset.When cold you waited for the glowplugs.
Mondeo Immobiliser - jms
Well there is such a thing and it is even mentioned in the Haynes manual. It also has Bosch and Ford stamped on the remote.
Mondeo Immobiliser - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Not an uncommon fault with Ford immobilisers. It is an internal fault which we bypass externally of the immobiliser unit. The rest of the circuits function normally so you are still 'protected'.
Mondeo Immobiliser - keir
Can you tell me how we can bypass the immobiliser externally?I think it is the immobiliser on an N reg Mondea.I the thing is also covered by a stell plate. Cheers
Mondeo Immobiliser - kithmo
Is it petrol or diesel, if it is petrol then check that the fuel cut off switch button is fully depressed (passenger side left of footwell, in the small hole).
Mondeo Immobiliser HELP ME !!!!! - lg
i have a ford 951 immobiliser when i press the key pad i get a humm from the petrol pump usally but i am not anymore i have changed th battery in the pad
help i want to disconect the immobiliser and fit a new on were is the system box as i can not find it to disconect it
by the way the car is auotmatic
some one help
Mondeo Immobiliser - Crocks
A bit late for Jason, but I have had the same problem this week. An estimate for an innordinate amount of money from the Ford dealer focussed my attention somewhat and resulted in the following. I can\'t gaurantee it for others, but it worked for me.
Found the required fix on the \"Ford Probe immobiliser web site\" - found it with a google search on Probe immobiliser problems. Two dry solder joints to remake once you\'ve found the unit and removed it. The Bosch unit can be found under the ash tray by removing the centr console. You need to drill out the rivets to remove it, the web site tells you the rest. If you want to bypass the fuel pump interrupt only (assumes the engine still turns over when you press the button)you can do this adjacent to the fuel cut off switch in the side of the passenger foot well. Two violet and orange wires connected via in-line spade terminals to two black ones form the immobiliser. Remove the black ones and conect the violet and orange ones together
Mondeo Immobiliser - jc
A Probe is a Mazda with a Ford badge.
Mondeo Immobiliser - Mickey
Sorry to bring an old thread up, but can someone point me to this Probe immobiliser problems page, as I can not find it on Google any longer.

This problem has just crept up on me this week and could do with getting it fixed.

Mondeo Immobiliser - Adam Going (Tune-Up)
Hi Mickey,

"http://clik.to/fordprobe" should do the trick.

Regards, Adam
Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble.
Mondeo Immobiliser - Mickey
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply... I actually found it and forgot to post back here. The fix worked great and my car is now back on the road. I couldnt believe how much Fords were going to charge me compared to it only taking me 1/2 hour in total to take the immobiliser out and repairing it. Fantastic.

Btw, I found the same page at homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.crummy/fordprobe/imm...m

Cheers :)