Cleaning paintwork suffered overspray - mak
Hello all,
I hope someone can help me. I parked my pickup near where I was working on a factory overall, which included other personnel spraying external fittings. The wind must have carried their spray as the pickup is covered in a clear 'gritty' substance like varnish. I managed to clear the windscreen with thinners, with some difficulty. I am concerned about the paint work. I tried some 'hand glaze' paint cleaner without success and also tried some thinners on a small section and this seemed to help to a degree. Is it safe to use thinners on the paint work? Is there anything else I could use?
Any help much appreciated.
Mak
Cleaning paintwork suffered overspray - bell boy
i would ask a bodyshop to give you a proper cut of the body as it sounds you got a fair bit of overspray
got to say unless you parked stupidly then i would have a word with the perpetrators with a view to recompense
Cleaning paintwork suffered overspray - martint123
Clay Bar - works a treat and what it was originally designed for. Use plenty of lube (oooerrr)
Cleaning paintwork suffered overspray - AR-CoolC
Another vote here for the clay bar.

Go to Halfords and get the Meguires clay kit ( a 100g clay bar and a bottle of spray lube) should cost around a tenner and works very well for this king of thing.
Cleaning paintwork suffered overspray - Peter D
This varnish may not be cellulose based and white or methylated spirit or may dissolve it without and damage to your original paintwork. Regards Peter
Cleaning paintwork suffered overspray - VR6
I had the same problem (cheap respary of door & wing). I used clay bar with excellent results. I had to do it twice though, but took off every bit of the overspray. If you havent used it before look it up on google, theres plenty of tips out there - main one ,as mentioned above, is use plenty of lubricant.