96 Cabriolet, 5 speed auto fuel consumption - steve
I have only had this car a few months; but I have had the same sort of car a few years ago. It is a 1996 e320 cabriolet with a 5 speed auto. The car is running very well hot and cold but the fuel consumption is always in the low 20s - it is about 5mpg worse than my previous model. Any ideas what to check - all the usual has been done - tyres, brakes, engine has just been serviced.
s
96 Cabriolet, 5 speed auto fuel consumption - Roger Jones
Any smell of fuel escaping? Recheck injectors and the rest of the fuel system?

The MB data handbook says that the fuel consumption of the convertible is slightly higher than the Coupé, as might be expected. I get 27+ from my Coupé, with fairly gentle driving (and a Kenlowe engine heater).

Has you driving style changed or the type of usage changed (e.g. from long trips to short trips)?
96 Cabriolet, 5 speed auto fuel consumption - gordonbennet
Steve Our 124ce 96 does around 25 thats mainly local running and using georgous's heavy right foot, it is better on a run but has the 4 speed box.
We are disposing of the 320 estate and that really drank the fuel and that had the 5 speed box, mind you the take off with the 5 speed is breathtaking to say the least, could it be you are maybe enjoying the power? Was your previous model the 4 speeder, could that be making a difference?

I,m an old lag and i have to watch meself from getting too carried away with these old 320's, have you checked in the mirror to see if anyone can keep up, it might just be the old lead right foot...at least thats my problem.

If you have tried everything else and need the ecu callibrating i can let you know who will be able to do it not just talk about it.