Timing belt replacement on 92 Honda SOHC - victor2
I'm just contemplating having the timing belt replaced on my Rover 216 SLi J reg '92 SOHC Honda engine. (of recent igniter unit failure fame).

Can anyone recommend makes of belts and methodology; I was thinking along the lines of a genuine Honda belt and wondering if anything else had to be replaced at the same time? It last had a Quinton Hazell belt (which makes me nervous) 3.5 years and 10,000m ago.

I'll probably send it into the garage, unless someone can convince me that it's an easy job.

Bye the way, an addition to my last post - I found the PGFM main relay, which is a smallish brown rectangular box with 4 connectors, that is fitted onto a slide on bracket behind the cigar lighter in the centre console.

Regards,

Victor2
s
Timing belt replacement on 92 Honda SOHC - GregSwain
It last had a Quinton Hazell belt (which makes me nervous)....

Why? QH products are widely used in the trade and would most likely be fitted by an independent. The biggest cambelt manufactuers seem to be QH and Gates. Not familiar with the layout of these back-to-front Honda engines, so can't comment on the job, other than your worries over the brandname on your rubber-band are unfounded.
Timing belt replacement on 92 Honda SOHC - jc2
I doubt very much that QH make the belts with their initials on.
My last Rover 216 had it's timing belt replaced with a Quinton Hazell belt and snapped after 3.5 years and 36,000m - that's why I'm feeling a little nervous - maybe I was just unlucky.

Victor2
Timing belt replacement on 92 Honda SOHC - injection doc
Not a bad job & I always do a water pump as well but the bottom crank pully bolt gets extremly tight & I have had them where I have needed a 3/4 impact gun to shift em!
Doc
Timing belt replacement on 92 Honda SOHC - piggy
I would suggest you change the water pump and timing belt tensioner as well as the timing belt. Check conditon of the auxilary belts as well,on some engines these can snap and work their way under the timing belt cover. you can guess the rest.
Timing belt replacement on 92 Honda SOHC - SaabFanatic
I've no experience of actually doing it, but Honda's own workshop manual procedures are here:

media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/media/manuals/Concerto...l

Hope this helps.
Yes thanks for the tips everyone - I will have the auxiliary belts done - I'll just have to locate the water pump and have that done as well if it runs off the belt - I've never heard of a Honda w pump failure though, but I can see the potential hazard

Cheers,

Victor2