1995 XUD9 1.9TD Lucas to Bosch fuel pump? - ds782
I have a 1995 306 STDT sedan, with an XUD9 engine and a lucas fuel pump.

I'm considering replacing it with a bosch pump (from a scrapyard or similar probably!), for better reliability with biofuels, but how much of a job is this? Will I need to remove the cambelt to do it?

Thanks in advance :)
s
1995 XUD9 1.9TD Lucas to Bosch fuel pump? - 659FBE
This is not a straightforward job and the cambelt will have to be removed, renewed and the pump and camshaft timing reset. The fuelling control lever pick-ups are different as is the mounting bracket. You will need to use a set of correctly calibrated Bosch injectors with a Bosch pump together with the associated high pressure lines (the fittings are different).

This job is not worth doing by any stretch of the imagination on a vehicle of this age. The Lucas CAV pumps last well if you fix the leaks and repair kits for these are available.

1995 XUD9 1.9TD Lucas to Bosch fuel pump? - ds782
My reasoning was simply that the bosch pumps cope much better with veggie oil, but with all this in mind I think I will skip it, thanks :)
1995 XUD9 1.9TD Lucas to Bosch fuel pump? - GregSwain
For the cost of buying a new pump and getting it fitted, you can buy a LOT of diesel! ;-)
1995 XUD9 1.9TD Lucas to Bosch fuel pump? - stevegee
Thanks for this thread. I have problems finding a replacement engine for my 1997 XtDt which has a broken camshaft and the supplier has offed a D8A in place of DHY engine and has been asking about the fuel pumps. So my question is swapping engines should you stick with the original pump make or as long as it is fitted to the engine does it matter?
By that I mean if you fit a D8A engine in place of DHY providing it is complete will all the lines and plugs mate up?

Edited by stevegee on 15/04/2008 at 19:56

1995 XUD9 1.9TD Lucas to Bosch fuel pump? - stevegee
Does anyone know difference in fuel pumps between the XUD 100 and XUD 103 off DHY and D8A engines thanks?