Opinions on Volvo C70 Convertible? - rubber
hi all,

long time since my last post.

Wife has decided she likes the look of the volvo convertible her colleague is selling at work. Car is a 2003 53 reg Volvo c70 convertible. 2.3 T5 turbo engine. Automatic gearbox. Silver body with black hood. Asking price is £8500. Mileage is 127k. She currently owns a polo tdi 1.9 sport on an 03 plate. The car is good, but she just fancies a change.
Car will be used daily for a commute to work and back of approx 90 miles a day from west yorkshire to Manchester.
Has any one in here got a volvo convertible?
What are these cars like for reliability?
Any major issues?
any opinions welcomed

deleted the duplicate posts for you - PU
Opinions on Volvo C70 Convertible? - midlifecrisis
Never owned one but I believe that parts and servicing are very expensive. Nice looking motor though!
Opinions on Volvo C70 Convertible? - Chris White
Seems like a very good price for the year and model, but I'd be a bit scared of the mileage and buying privately for that much money.

If you want a C70 convertible why not go for that's a little bit older but with lower mileage?

Chris
Opinions on Volvo C70 Convertible? - Chris White
Meant to add, my brother had a C70 T5 coupe and had no problems with it apart from the electric drivers seat stopped working and Volvo wanted close to £400 to put right.
Opinions on Volvo C70 Convertible? - Happy Blue!
Frankly avoid. 90 miles each day = over 20,000 miles a year just commuting in a convertible with a reputation for creaking. It would be a fine buy for a dry summer's day doing 4,000 miles a year.
Opinions on Volvo C70 Convertible? - rubber
thats what my thoughts were.ive never had a convertible before but I guess they will be noisy on the motorway. Could a profit be made on this car if we bought it and put it on ebay?
whats it like as a car generally, used as a second car?
Opinions on Volvo C70 Convertible? - tintin01
It doesn't seem that cheap to me, considering the mileage, though it is the bigger engine. Look on Auto Trader - for £8.5k you can get a car a couple of years older, but with a lot lower mileage. I think many people would be wary of buying a car at this mileage. Also, summer is the best time to buy a convertible, the market will be tailing off now.

Check values here:

www.virtual-showroom.co.uk/scripts/nuvv/nuvv1.asp?...0
Opinions on Volvo C70 Convertible? - Pugugly {P}
"the market will be tailing off now."

er...won't that make them cheaper if you're buying ?
Opinions on Volvo C70 Convertible? - Paul Robinson
Our good friends have a 2000 V70 T5 auto and a 2001 C70 T5 auto owned from new. They are not cheap cars to run - thirsty, expensive to service and heavy on expensive tyres! I think they would say the pleasure is worth the expense. That's a very personal thing though, depends how hard you have to work to earn the money! The C70 doesn't get used much, but is greatly enjoyed when it is. The V70 has done over 200K miles now and has suffered no major faults despite being such a powerful vehicle.
Opinions on Volvo C70 Convertible? - tintin01
Yes, but isn't he thinking of buying it to sell on ebay?