Dealers quiet? - Bill Payer
I've heard that car sales people are saying that this month is the quietest they've ever know it - literally nobody walking in the showrooms, phones dead etc.

I noticed I've yet to see a 57 reg car - usually there's one or two new reg cars around the village at every reg change.

Is this the same everywhere?
Dealers quiet? - bathtub tom
Ask Bell Boy.
He was quiet for a month earlier this year, so I suppose that's all the holiday he could afford - less than Wogan ;>)
Dealers quiet? - wazza
Been to the car showrooms over the last three months looking for a suitable replacement. I was suprised to see not a lot of customers in the showroom especially in August. Mind you some dealers didn't care about you, they seemed to be hiding making me wait for 10-15 minutes. Their loss. Some were keen and happy to take you out for a test drive without booking etc.
Dealers quiet? - Aprilia
No, its not quiet, most are doing fine.
Year to date is up 2.2%, and August alone was 0.4% down - in other words near enough the same as last year. I bet Sept will be about the same.
Dealers quiet? - Ford Dagenham
Hello

From what i have heard ford is having trouble getting diesel engines so must have been busy.
--
(iam not a mechanic)
Martin Winters
Dealers quiet? - Aprilia
From what i have heard ford is having trouble getting diesel engines

Let's be thankful.
Dealers quiet? - Pugugly {P}
oh don;t start that particular argument :-)
--
PU without his Mod Hard Hat on !
Dealers quiet? - rtj70
I've only seen one 57 plate. It was a Jag Supercharged XK. Three days before the new plate too - it was being tested by the engineer and filled with petrol! It had been hit by a police transit van and written off.

I'm wondering if the next 57 plate I see is mine next month. There is a local Ford/Jag garage within a mile and VW/Lexus/Mazda/Audi pretty close too. And then a little further affield are Alfa/Fiat/Toyota/Honda/Volvo/Ferrari/Massarati/Lamborghini/etc... i.e. not seen any having been made to think. Not one apart from the squashed XK.
Dealers quiet? - hbosken
I went into the local Vauxhall showroom, not being able to make up my mind whether to get a new Vectra Estate or a new Zafira. They didn't even have an up to date brochure. 2 months on, I still haven't received anything (I also requested some from Vauxhall over the internet - not received either). I asked the dealer for test drives - still waiting for them to phone back with a date.

O/a their complete intransigence, I went into the Toyota dealers - they couldn't be more helpful - brochure? Certainly sir. Would you like some paint samples to take home? Would you like to take the cars home so that your wife can compare? Result - I've bought a Toyota!
Dealers quiet? - csgmart
O/a their complete intransigence I went into the Toyota dealers - they couldn't be more
helpful - brochure? Certainly sir. Would you like some paint samples to take home? Would
you like to take the cars home so that your wife can compare? Result -
I've bought a Toyota!

It really shouldn't be that difficult to provide the customer with simple things like brochures. Some times it feels like we are still in the 1970s when most of the 'workers' in this fine country couldn't give a pink fluffy dice about actually producing something to be proud of - too focused on getting paid huge amounts of money for doing nothing. Just my opinion you understand.