94 Diesel pump bleeding (Bosch) - neilo575
Hi I wonder if any one could tell me how to bleed a Bosch Diesel pump on a 1994 Peugeot 306 TD as the Haynes manual is a bit sketchy It says about a bleed nipple on the pump but I am unable to find one so any help would be great as I wish to change the fuel filter and will need to bleed the system Thanks Neil
slienced shouting ! - PU
94 Diesel pump bleeding (Bosch) - GregSwain
Erm.... when I've done fuel filters on a normally aspirated 306 I've just taken the top off the housing, put the new filter element in, put it all back together, and squeezed the rubber priming bulb until it went hard.
94 Diesel pump bleeding (Bosch) - piston power
not too sure either but as said & you can crack off the injectors & bleed air from them when the engine is cranking over. good luck.
94 Diesel pump bleeding (Bosch) - thomp1983
there is no bleed nipple on the bosch pump, only lucas pumps. as others have said, just remove the filter, fit the new one, make sure the seal sits properly then screw lid down. then squeeze the primer bulb until it goes hard, and that will be that

chris
94 Diesel pump bleeding (Bosch) - neilo575
Thanks for the advice it worked a treat with no problems the Haynes manual is not that helpful
Thanks to you all Neil
94 Diesel pump bleeding (Bosch) - GregSwain
the Haynes manual is not that helpful

No they're utterly useless unless you're after technical info/wiring diagrams. At the beginning of each set of instructions, it'll always say "apply the handbrake and disconnect the negative battery terminal" (even for changing a bulb!)