Copper sump washer - bathtub tom
I've just just changed my oil, and the sump plug had a copper washer, quite surprising I thought for a four-year-old car. It was quite badly mangled. I managed to beat it reasonably flat, and anneal it, and it seems to be holding.
Where can I buy something like that nowadays in small quantities.
Halfords (the dreaded H word) used to have a book on the parts counter with small parts like this laminated in for identification, but no more.
It's about 20mm OD, with a 10mm ID hole.
Copper sump washer - Number_Cruncher
Typically, they don't cost a fortune from the dealer. The Vauxhall garage where I worked (OK, it was some 15 years ago!) charged them out at 11p each.

Number_Cruncher
Copper sump washer - GregSwain
I've never changed my copper sump plug washer on the Almera. Never changed it on the old Sunny either. The copper's quite soft, so nipping it up tight will flatten it out enough to make things oil-tight. Never had any drips left behind by either car.
Copper sump washer - Scott H
Nissan parts departments charge about £1 for them. Probably best to find an alternative source, or re-use the old one!
Copper sump washer - Scott H
I should note, in their defence, I've found oil and filters to be fairly competitively priced at Nissan dealers. £15 for 5 litres semi-synthetic, £6 for the filter (Micra).
Copper sump washer - Aprilia
The Nissan sump washer is in fact a corrugated washer ('crush washer') which collapses as it is tighened. They are very effective, but should not be reused. They cost about 90p from Nissan. An ordinary flat copper washer from a motor factor would do instead, if funds are tight.
The Nissan sump washer is in fact a corrugated washer ('crush washer') which collapses as it is tighened.

Ah, mine's obviously not real Nissan one then as it's cheap copper. Interesting as the car came with full Nissan service history - dealers cutting costs?
Copper sump washer - Aprilia
Once its been used and crushed it looks like an ordinary copper washer - although they are quite 'tight' on the sump plug and you have to screw them off.
Once its been used and crushed it looks like an ordinary copper washer

Ah right, fair enough. As long as it's oil-tight I won't be changing it anyway!