Car dealerships - Forecourt selling - BobbyG
I had to laugh loudly when I heard one of the latest "sales" techniques of one of the big dealerships near me - They were advertising a dirty car clearance sale!!! Yip, you guessed it, they sold so many new 57 plates and have so many trade ins that they don't have time to wash them so grab yourself a bargain!!!!!

Worryingly some may fall for it!!

But there are also some other unanswered queries I have like

- Does having a forecourt full of cars with their boots all open sell them any better?
- Does having one front wheel up on a ramp make it far more sellable and appealing?
- what about the 4x4 dealers who spend a fortune building a "hill" to display their cars on?
- finally there is a Seat dealer that I pass every day and it has all its cars facing onto the road, front first. Now as some will agree, most Seats look very similar from the front especially Leon, Altea, Altea XL. Most badges are on the back as well, so why not show the rears of the cars???

Or is it a case that 50% of the time the salespeople are not actually dealing with customers so they need to find something for them to do?
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Car dealerships - Forecourt selling - Altea Ego
- finally there is a Seat dealer that I pass every day and it has
all its cars facing onto the road front first. Now as some will agree most
Seats look very similar from the front especially Leon Altea Altea XL. Most badges are
on the back as well so why not show the rears of the cars???

If you showed the rear end of the Toledo you would *never* sell any.
------------------------------
< Ex RF, Ex TVM >
Car dealerships - Forecourt selling - ForumNeedsModerating
- Does having a forecourt full of cars with their boots all open sell them any better?

No, but it stops the moss growing in them when they can't.

Car dealerships - Forecourt selling - Vansboy
My site, although we had space for 50 vans, only had enough frontage to dispaly 5 or 6. It didn't look good showing a row of rear doors, so we faced them towards the road.

But to make it look even better - or not - I'd have all the sold stock, stickered up as such & line these on the front, awaiting collection.

VB
LOL, other than the rear end, I am still trying to work out whats the difference between the XL and Toledo!
--
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Car dealerships - Forecourt selling - Snakey
You're not in the North East by any chance are you Bobby? That campaign is running around here and made me laugh as well - not the most convincing sales gimmick.

Even one of the local radio DJs commented on the advert after it had been played which is rare!
Am in the Glasgow area and to be honest I can't even remember which dealer it is, possibly Evans Halshaw?
--
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Car dealerships - Forecourt selling - Pendlebury
The latest flyers I get in the post from Inchcape especially are selling cars for cost plus £1. Trying to make out that the dealer will only make £1 out of the sale.
I bet some people fall for this as well.