anti polluition filter - bigdave1
i have a warning that the anit polution is faulty and unblock diesel filter, went to peugeot and told needs fluid and a cost of £300, i have also heard normal diesel can be used to top it up any advice would be great
anti polluition filter - Screwloose

I guess thay skated over that point when they were selling you the car.....

On these Euro 4 cars about every 50K miles you need a new exhaust particulate filter and the fluid refilling - about £700 seems typical at the dealers.

Normal diesel would be useless; this is a sophisticated cerium-based fluid.

A clean environment costs money; this is your share... Feel proud....
anti polluition filter - bell boy
all these cerion bills are to come yet
anti polluition filter - bigdave1
is it possible to top up with the proper fluid myself and if so where can i buy it from
anti polluition filter - Screwloose

There's a lot more to servicing this complex AP system than just re-filling the fluid.

You can buy it at the dealer; but, without a very expensive scan-tool, you can't tell the additive control ECU that it's been refilled and so it won't inject it into the tank.

The FAP will then clog-up and you'll break down. Limp-home at best.

You could fit a new exhaust filter yourself; remove the additive tank; empty it; refill it and then see if your dealer would re-set the level data for you - but it's a filthy job so best leave it to them.

This is coming on all diesels - people demanded it - drivers will pay for it.
anti polluition filter - nick74
The idea of putting diesel in the eolys tank is just to make the ECU think the system is working when it isn't. I've known numerous people on forums suggest it, but never met anyone who has actually tried it . . .
anti polluition filter - bell boy
interesting nick74
very interesting
anti polluition filter - Armitage Shanks {p}
I understand that particulate filters can be sorted by a 'forced regeneration' which costs nothing and/or a repalcement filter can be had as an exchange unit, for about £150. However you still have 5 litres of EOLYS @ £25 a litre and you can't get round that
anti polluition filter - Armitage Shanks {p}
Google for "EOLYS + Forced regeneration" it has also been discussed here - try a forum search and chek this link
tinyurl.com/ynmctn

anti polluition filter - Aprilia
interesting nick74
very interesting

Indeed, Bell Boy ;-)