Digital mileage display not illuminated - charliechan
Can anyone give me some advice? I have a 2001 206 hdi (2 litre) , its sound apart from the fact that my digital mileage display has just gone off, not sure where to start, could it be a fuse but nothing else has gone, now I don?t know what miles to the gallon I am doing or how many miles I have done.
I would take to a garage but think it could cost me an arm and a leg.
Any ideas I could try?

Shouting amended (ie, the UPPER CASE text), and header made less vague - DD}
is this gonna cost me!!! - bell boy
see your car stereo works fine at least
to be honest if this is the only problem you have with this car i would be happy to live with it if mine
do you have insurance for arm and leg? last time i looked art my travel insurance an arm was only worth £75 cant remember if a leg had a value?
is this gonna cost me!!! - GregSwain
I have a feeling the digital odometer in Pugs relies on a backlight (orange digits on a black background?) - if so, the bulb's probably blown. Allow a couple of hours and you can change it yourself, just need to remove the instrument panel. They're tiny little bulbs (I've done one before on a Nissan), Halfords sell them for £2. So, if you're confident enough doing the work, it'll cost you £2, whereas adding £60 for a garage's labour will take you further into "arm and leg" territory.