93 Alarm keeps going off, can it be disabled ? - ssray
Hi, friends vauxhall carlton(2.0 petrol) the alarm keeps setting and going off, is there any way of by passing it?
s
Vauxhall carlton alarm - Number_Cruncher
Whatever the year / type of alarm, check the bonnet pinswitch.

For more help, you'll have to tell us the year of Carlton, and whether it's the factory fit (ATWS) system, or the Vauxhall dealer fitted alarm, or a spurious aftermarket alarm.

Number_Cruncher
Vauxhall carlton alarm - ssray
Its a `93(N) reg,the alarm still goes off with bonnet up? and its the factory fit alarm the horn has been disconnected and only the indicators flash.
owned for about 10 yrs with no probs before.
If it's a factory fit alarm, the best thing to do to begin with is to get the fault codes read. This will give you a place to start the diagnosis from.

Number_Cruncher
Forgot to say, the fault codes can be obtained by shorting the relevant wire in the diagnostic connector to earth, pressing the button in one of the ultrasonic sensors, and reading the blink code from the other sensor.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember which is the relevant wire in the connector - you might be able to find it by checking the wiring diagram in a Haynes manual. The diagnostic connector is sometimes called an ALDL connector.

Post the codes you find, and someone (possibly even me!) will be able to tell you where to begin looking.

Number_Cruncher
Vauxhall carlton alarm - Screwloose

Er; if it's a '93, then it can't be an "N-reg." [K or L.]
>Er; if it's a '93, then it can't be an "N-reg." [K or L.]

Quite true.

It can't be a 1995 model year car - the last Carltons were 1994 model year - although it could have lurked around and been registered in 1995. So, if it's a 93 or a 94, it doesn't change much on the ATWS system - if it were an early car, I would be surprised to see ATWS fitted, most of these used to be fitted with the dealer fit system.

Number_Cruncher

p.s. To refresh my memory, I've just looked it up - the wire in the ALDL plug is terminal "H"

Vauxhall carlton alarm - Dynamic Dave
The list of fault codes for the alarm (and other stuff) can be found in the following link.

www.akirwan.freeserve.co.uk/akhow2/diag_no3.rtf
the wire in the ALDL plug is terminal "H"

Of which you have to short out to terminal "A"
pressing the button in one of the ultrasonic sensors

This actually clears the fault code according to the above link.
>>This actually clears the fault code according to the above link.

Yes, after you take the shorting link out, the codes should be cleared.

Number_Cruncher
Vauxhall carlton alarm - ssray
Thanks guys, now just need to fix it
Ray
Sorry, just checked - my memory had misled me. DD is right - the codes are cleared by pushing the button!

Number_Cruncher