99 TDi 110 - Cost to change clutch ? - andymc {P}
Had no bites over in Discussion, maybe I should have put it here in the first place ...
Does anybody have an idea of the cost to change the clutch on a 1999 Passat TDi 110? I reckon it will need to be done within the next 10000 miles and while I initially thought of trading it in/selling it, any car I would look to replace it with will leave me four or five grand out of pocket, often for something not much newer (albeit with lower mileage!). Anyway, if any of you nice people know what the parts & labour costs are likely to be (or rather, parts costs and estimate of no. of hours labour required), it will give me an idea of what course of action to take.
TIA.
--
andymc
Vroom, vroom - mmm, doughnuts ...
Cost to change clutch - 1999 TDi 110 - injection doc
Budget around 5-600ish from memory & if it needs a DMF allow up to 1k in totall! Hydraulics can fail after a new clutch so recomend a slave fitted at least whilst the clutch is replaced & make sure a VW clutch is fitted or sachs/valeo equivelant. There are so may aftermarket & reconditioned or remanufactured clutches out there it make it a minefield when buying but from experience of once running a clutch centre stick to genuine.
Regards Doc
Cost to change clutch - 1999 TDi 110 - dieselnut
My son had this job done on the same vehicle.
He phoned around & most places wanted about £300 + VAT.
He tried the local independant at the top of his road & was charged £180 all in.
I don't know what make clutch was used but would guess even if the cheapest, a quality item wouldn't cost £50 more.
It must be a fairly easy job on these cars i'm assuming.
He only kept the car another 10k miles so I don't know how long it lasted.