2001 1.8 tdi cambelt interval? - kitch
hi guys
is it true the cambelt requires changing every 40,000 miles? also is it best to change everything at this time ie tensioners and pump belt too? and what should i exspect this to cost me?
the car is a 2001 y reg 1.8 tdi focus estate!
thanks for any info!

variant details edited into the subject line..PU
01 Focus 1.8 tdi cambelt interval? - jc2
Used to be 80k.but I've always changed at 60.40k. was pre '99.
01 Focus 1.8 tdi cambelt interval? - kitch
ok thanks for that mate!
does anyone know a price i could exspect to pay? also do i have to have the injection pump belt done at the same time?
dont believe it-just had cambelt done,cars done 46,000 miles but is 6 years old-guy at the garage told me it didnt need doing till 100,000 miles so i said yes but its over 5 years old to which he said yes but the sevice is 100,000 miles or 10 years!
thats 140 quid i didnt need to spend aarh!
01 Focus 1.8 tdi cambelt interval? - Screwloose
kitch

That's a very well spent £140; cheap too - the Ford belt kit is £80-odd. Although the belts might have managed 100,000; the tensioners sometimes don't and the damage is a lot more than bent valves on a 1.8TD - a complete new head assy is the usual way to go.

In you position, I'd have done the same. 6 years is long enough.
ah thats good to hear-he did tell me that the only thing that can go wrong now is the injection pump because when they are tampered with it has been known for them to give up!!!!
great i said,when will that happen?
he said not to worry as its a small chance of happening!
now im wondering how much that will set me back if it goes!
also-surely he would have changed the tesioners etc,although iv no way of knowing -he did say it was a cambelt kit which inc tensioners but i wonder how many garages only change the belt!
01 Focus 1.8 tdi cambelt interval? - Screwloose
kitch

If he fitted a kit it would have included a tensioner. [Whichever sort of 1.8 it was.]
01 Focus 1.8 tdi cambelt interval? - L'escargot
I queried with the service advisor at my (largish) Ford dealer whether, at 80,000 miles, my cam belt should be changed and he said they had never seen a Focus belt or associated part fail at less than the recommended change time/mileage interval.
--
L\'escargot.
01 Focus 1.8 tdi cambelt interval? - Dry bearings
My Focus 1.6 Zetec.2002,is due for a first 30k mile service.
Does the age of the belt take precedence over the mileage.I know tyres can degrade with age,is this a similar scenario?
01 Focus 1.8 tdi cambelt interval? - henry k
IIRC its is 100K or 10 years, which ever comes first.
01 Focus 1.8 tdi cambelt interval? - Pugugly {P}
'twas the same on my sis' Puma, she had a 00 1.7, - looking at Pumapeople's website the general advice there was to change it a far lower time intervals....I'd love to see Ford's response to a blown up Yamaha V V C engine at 9.5 years.....let alone 5 yrs.
01 Focus 1.8 tdi cambelt interval? - Dry bearings
Mmmmmm! Think I'll talk it over with the chap at the local garage.He's Ford trained and I trust him,used him for years.
Thanks for your comments,much appreciated.