Looking for cheap van exhaust - Andrew Hamilton
Just quoted £111 by National (Cheaper than ATS, Quickfit) to replace front section and middle box on my LDV200 diesel panel van. So depressing. Went to Halfords for exhaust sealant as temporary solution to holes.
Would I save money if I get the parts myself? Not sure of supplier except local LDV garage. Wonder how much extra stainless would be as front fails every 3 years.
Looking for cheap van exhaust - M.M
Andrew,

Broadly speaking I notice the parts (at trade) will be 40-60% of the "fitted cost" at major outlets.

Depends on how much you fancy the job!

David W [Moderator]
----------------------------
mailto:david_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk
Looking for cheap van exhaust - John Davis
Andrew. I did the patching, as you did, but, I bit the bullet and then went for a stainless system. My vehicle is a toyota Masterace diesel and for the complete system, except the downpipe from the turbo and the flexible joint, it was £225 plus VAT. There is a lifetime guarantee on all the components, the only proviso being that the system must be inspected, annually, by the fitting agent. I understand that individual items, silencers, connectors etc, in s/steel, can be fitted to a conventional system and still carry the guarantee. I used Powerflow exhausts, who have a website, and have agents in many parts of the country. Look at www.powerflow.uk.com
Looking for cheap van exhaust - Richard Hall
At least with most vans there's plenty of space to work underneath. When I changed the clutch on a Transit I didn't even have to jack the vehicle up to remove the gearbox. Try the Yellow Pages - there are quite a few outfits that sell exhausts retail, but remember to get clamps and rubber mountings before you start the job.