Van Radio cutting out after 20 minutes - Spospe
In the FIAT - Peugeot based vans, the radio will work without the ignition key being present, but only for 20 minutes and then it switches off.

I dimly remember being told that this was a programming option and that it could be altered so that the radio never switches off. Can anyone tell me if this is the case and if it is, how do I reprogram the radio?

PS the radio is in a motorcaravan and there is little chance of its being left on permanently.
Radio cutting out after 20 minutes - Collos25
Pull the radio and put and loop the permenant feed onto the switched feed and remove the switched feed cable so as to stop back feed into the system,this will stop the economy mode switching the radio off.
Radio cutting out after 20 minutes - Spospe
Andy, I have heard of various methods of stopping the 20 minute switch-off by altering the wiring, but I do seem to remember reading somewhere that it could be done by a simple "programming" change.

The good points about "programming" changes are that they are easily reversable and also do not affect guarantees.

Is it possible to change the 20 minute to a 60 minute cut-off, or have I imagined the whole thing?
Radio cutting out after 20 minutes - hogan1
on my renault, when the beeps sound after 20 minutes to tell you its going to switch off ,i press the on/off switch and it stays on for hours .
Fiat Van Radio cutting out after 20 minutes - Another John H
In the FIAT - Peugeot based vans the radio will work without the ignition key
being present but only for 20 minutes and then it switches off.

I suspect you'd need to tell us make and model of the radio to stand a chance of a useful reply, assuming it is the radio which is doing the switching.